Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3

Go down 
+17
autumnelle
Ullwera
mac
SimEm
Sugah
ilikefishfood
Astral Faery
AdriannaSimmie
Nancy01905
Hollymaniac
Grykon
clc
Caleb_71
WittyKitty
Nonni
Hunter
soloaris
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Sugah wrote:
Jean wrote:
...tonight if I don't have anything to delay me or another storm to roll through, I should get underway with reinstalling my games and then I'll begin the slow process of making sure my templates and everything are correct and then that's when the real fun begins.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Goodluck

verklempt  I did have to deal with a wicked storm on the way home, but it's blown out of here now. So let the reinstallation begin...
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Glad you made it home safely.

Fingers crossed for you, Jean!!!  Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 266736 
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Sugah wrote:
Glad you made it home safely.

Fingers crossed for you, Jean!!!  Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 266736 

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 888294 
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:11 pm

butterflyunion wrote:
Afternoon ladies. Sorry for the delay in replying to your posts, but um...I got my baby back last night and I got him plugged up but hopefully tonight if I don't have anything to delay me or another storm to roll through, I should get underway with reinstalling my games and then I'll begin the slow process of making sure my templates and everything are correct and then that's when the real fun begins.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 262201  It must feel good to have your computer back.

Jean wrote:

... but it does require discipline grasshopper  

laughin
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Cher64 wrote:
butterflyunion wrote:
Afternoon ladies. Sorry for the delay in replying to your posts, but um...I got my baby back last night and I got him plugged up but hopefully tonight if I don't have anything to delay me or another storm to roll through, I should get underway with reinstalling my games and then I'll begin the slow process of making sure my templates and everything are correct and then that's when the real fun begins.

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 262201  It must feel good to have your computer back.

Jean wrote:

... but it does require discipline grasshopper  

laughin

Hi Miss Cher  Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 996440  Yes, I'm happy to have Haf back and I made a bit of a joke the other day realizing this off-handedly...my laptop I had before my current desktop was G6 (that was part of the model name - I just shortened it) and then this baby is name Haf710 aka H7.

Get it?  Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 99672 

Anyways, I was still having trouble at first reinstalling until I found a link on simswiki that showed me I probably had leftover files that were hidden that needed to be cleared away, so I followed the instructions on how to get rid of them (ccleaner) and I got everything installed but it was too late for me to test anything, so that'll happen tomorrow. I should be in bed now...in fact I'm going. I have work in about 6 1/2 hrs :p

Ta ta! Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 465755 
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 996440 

Ok, well, I'm back and I have partially good news. I have reinstalled all my games; now comes the PITA part of going through my meticulous checklist of making sure everything's in order before I can even play, and if you're curious about what it is, here ya go:

Game Startup Checklist:

Installation Order

The Sims 2™️ (or Sims 2 Deluxe, Sims 2 Double Deluxe or Sims 2 Holiday Edition, whichever you have)
University (or University Life Collection)
Open for Business or Best of Business Collection
Family Fun Stuff or Fun with Pets Collection
Glamour Life Stuff
Happy Holiday Stuff (Disregard if you have Sims 2 Holiday Edition)
Seasons
Bon Voyage
FreeTime
Apartment Life

1. Get rid of intro movie

The movies are called ealogo_audio (the EA logo), and intro_eng_movie (the startup movie) and they can be found in the
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies folder.

2. Get Custom Content dialogue box DISABLED but ENABLE Custom content

3. Set up CFF/DEA stuff before beginning ANY games to hopefully make for better play

4. Scriptorium setup

5. Make sure you have SimPE in place

6. Install Clean Installer

7. If you so desire, program in a Multi PT set for your game and remember the steps to change out your PT's

8. Set up your downloads folder

9. Make sure you have the neighborhoods you desire in your game. (Empty Hood installation)

10. Install 'See Them 2' to set up your censor

11. Set up your BodyShop according to the last EP you installed (Apartment Life)

12. Disable Stealth Hoods as instructed by MM

13. Remember to activate the SavedSims folder by making and saving a sim from Bodyshop

14. Camera Mod replacement

15. DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION FOR TS2

- Open SYSTEM PROPERTIES by clicking your start icon, click 'CONTROL PANEL', 'SYSTEM & SECURITY', 'SYSTEM' 'ADVANCED SYSTEM SETTINGS'

- Under 'PERFORMANCE', click 'SETTINGS'

- Click 'DATA EXECUTION PREVENTION', then select 'TURN ON DEP FOR ALL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES EXCEPT THOSE I SELECT'

- 64 bit windows: C:\PROGRAM FILES (86X)\ELECTRONIC ARTS\

See? ^^;;; So i've got a bit further to go before I get things set up for my 3 games. However, while you wait, I have a bit of entertainment for you that I posted on Tumblr when I was trying to install my games before before I noticed something was off and i did this just for fun:

"Ok, so I used the Picassos as my guinea pigs while testing out my game, and this was the result of me having gotten them pregnant then seeing how they’d do…"

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies1

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies2

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies3

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies5

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies6

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies7

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies8

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies9

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies10

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies11

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies12

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies13

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies14

Bwahahahah! >D

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies15

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies16

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies17

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies18

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Test-dummies19

What it came down to is this:

They had roaches EVERY BLOODY WHERE!

Jessica didn’t take care of herself and starved to death

Matthew was back and forth sick and passing out and just a mess!

I also discovered he had 1 neat point, thus the reason he kept eating out of the damned trash can, which I put behind the wall where the fireplace was

The night Jessica died, he got robbed, then the next day repo’d because they didn’t pay their bills

Then aspiration failure

Then he was cooking, but got too tired and went to sleep and kaka got burnt, which I thought he was surely going to die from that - NOPE!

Jessica scares him to death.

The end! *bows*
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:15 pm

nothing to see here

Last edited by butterflyunion on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:23 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : delete)
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:51 pm

Miss Jean, I hope you won't mind me asking you a few questions about your checklist. There's so much I don't know! I just blindly played and figured things out as I went along, and tried to ignore the problems (like my game minimizing itself). Now I want to learn all I can about making things work better.

Jean wrote:
Set up CFF/DEA stuff before beginning ANY games to hopefully make for better play

I'm not entirely sure what all that is. Would you mind explaining it to me? I think the CFF has to do with RAM, but I'm not sure about the whole thing. Can it be done even after starting a game, or would that cause too many problems?

Quote :
Camera Mod replacement

What do you use for a camera mod? I'm using a combination of three different ones! How do you do yours?

Quote :
Ok, so I used the Picassos as my guinea pigs while testing out my game, and this was the result of me having gotten them pregnant then seeing how they’d do

It turned out much like my asylum challenge, although I did have one survivor on that.  Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 598258 

Your hood setup looks very nice.
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Cher64 wrote:
Miss Jean, I hope you won't mind me asking you a few questions about your checklist. There's so much I don't know! I just blindly played and figured things out as I went along, and tried to ignore the problems (like my game minimizing itself). Now I want to learn all I can about making things work better.

Jean wrote:
Set up CFF/DEA stuff before beginning ANY games to hopefully make for better play

I'm not entirely sure what all that is. Would you mind explaining it to me? I think the CFF has to do with RAM, but I'm not sure about the whole thing. Can it be done even after starting a game, or would that cause too many problems?

Hi Cher dear! :D I'll try my best to answer. Ok, the CFF/DEA - um...I heard about it through the grapevine and yeah, I think it's best to try and set that up BEFORE you have a game going otherwise it won't be effective at all.

Quote :
Camera Mod replacement

What do you use for a camera mod? I'm using a combination of three different ones! How do you do yours?

I use Gunmods Camera because it was the first one I heard about and it's on MTS

Quote :
Ok, so I used the Picassos as my guinea pigs while testing out my game, and this was the result of me having gotten them pregnant then seeing how they’d do

It turned out much like my asylum challenge, although I did have one survivor on that.  Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 598258 

Your hood setup looks very nice.

Thank you very much! ^_^ I usually don't decorate my hood simply because I'm just not certain how it should look, but I decided to take a chance this time around.

Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 1:56 am

butterflyunion wrote:

I'll try my best to answer. Ok, the CFF/DEA - um...I heard about it through the grapevine and yeah, I think it's best to try and set that up BEFORE you have a game going otherwise it won't be effective at all.

I enabled the use more RAM trick and it shaved a minute off my loading time, on an old install.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 6:48 am

Jean, Great checklist. I'm not sure I've gone through all that, as I try to reinstall as s e l d o m as possible.

A word of warning on your "Generations Households". It appears that the lots are of width 1. Your Sims should avoid careers that involve a helicopter landing to pick up or drop off your sim, or move the Sims to a lot of width 2 before getting to a high level in those careers. Also, repairmen, maids, deliveries, schoolbuses and rides to work may have problems because they have to queue up to appear. As it is, I actually do use quite a few of these lots but have to be careful.

I posted about this on Sugah's here
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 12:52 pm

mac wrote:
Jean, Great checklist. I'm not sure I've gone through all that, as I try to reinstall as s e l d o m as possible.

A word of warning on your "Generations Households". It appears that the lots are of width 1. Your Sims should avoid careers that involve a helicopter landing to pick up or drop off your sim, or move the Sims to a lot of width 2 before getting to a high level in those careers. Also, repairmen, maids, deliveries, schoolbuses and rides to work may have problems because they have to queue up to appear. As it is, I actually do use quite a few of these lots but have to be careful.

I posted about this on Sugah's here

well right now for a couple of the households have nannies coming to them and they come in just fine; however, I did have one household do an adoption and that might be why we haven't seen the child yet - but then again those deliveries happen only during the week right? I think I stopped on a weekend if I'm not mistaken, so I'll have to see how that goes.

If so, I have other houses I can use, so it's not a problem. Thanks for the heads up :)
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:49 pm

The more RAM trick didn't improve my loading time, but since it's only 3 minutes(!), I didn't expect it to. That just means I can download more CC, right?  laughin Even if it won't make a difference in my current hood, maybe it will when I start up my big one.

Jean, I've never decorated a hood before, but I'm going to try it when I set up the bigger game I want to play. Yours turned out very nice.

I use GunMod's camera as well, except I found a CAS camera I like a little better, and I have a build camera made by someone else. I think GunMod didn't have a build camera at all? I don't remember for sure. I was always a little scared to use a camera mod because I'd heard of people having all these problems, but I decided to try it since I'm just getting started on this install. What a difference it makes when you're using a custom hood.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 11:07 am

wow! That's quite the checklist! Impressive!

Poor Picassos aka Guinea Pig Fam! Egads!  Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 97206 

Your Generations 'hood is really coming along, Jean.
Such handsome couples!

I spent far too long trying to decorate my new Tres Lagos 'hood the other day and, unfortunately, didn't get very far with it.
Perhaps my muse will visit me soon...

ThanksforSharing 

Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi all! Been busy because I FINALLY got my Paradisus hood going and I have a few shots of sneak peeks over at my Tumblr as I don't feel like having to upload them onto something to post them here, but I'm excited to have that going FINALLY! Everything's going pretty well and I'm almost done with the first season :) I'm having to borrow ideas here and there as I seem to have left it in the lurch for so long I kinda forgot my objective :p
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi, Jean! Thank you for checking in.
Just a heads up: Many of the images from your June 19 post are missing.

Congrats on finally getting your Paradisus hood going.
Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 1:25 pm

(nothing to see here)

Last edited by butterflyunion on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:25 am

You've been busy!! Glad things are moving along for you. Followed you on Tumblr! My handle there is everydaysims-world :) I don't post just follow others postings!
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:59 pm

SandySimmer wrote:
You've been busy!!  Glad things are moving along for you.  Followed you on Tumblr!  My handle there is everydaysims-world  :)  I don't post just follow others postings!

Hello hello! ^.^ You're more than welcome to follow and comment here or there if something strike a chord. It's because I'm doing so much that I don't post the pics on here ^^;;; Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Wow, you really have been busy, Jean. Am I a bad person if the third picture made me laugh?  laughin The generations thing will get even more interesting as you arrange marriages and all that. The elimination rounds should be fun, too. I look forward to additional pictures.
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:49 pm

Cher64 wrote:
Wow, you really have been busy, Jean. Am I a bad person if the third picture made me laugh?  laughin The generations thing will get even more interesting as you arrange marriages and all that. The elimination rounds should be fun, too. I look forward to additional pictures.

Yeah my gaming is quite crazy right now, although I have dropped one legacy I was doing BC I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I may revisit it at a later date, but for now just my bacc & generations have my attention, and its kinda slow going right now bc of rl stuffs going on xp
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 11:15 pm

(nothing to see here)

Last edited by butterflyunion on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2014 9:30 am

Love the pictures and stories! Great mag covers! Thanks for sharing these.
Back to top Go down
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 7:54 am

(nothing to see here)

Last edited by butterflyunion on Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 10:10 am

I love your magazine covers!

The various social experiments will be interesting to see as they develop. Can you imagine if this really happened to you:
Quote :
One afternoon while he was doing some work, the doorbell rang and there stood two incredibly good looking men. They explained that this is a social experiment to see if he would find either of them suitable as a mate.
or  
Quote :
two women show up at his house one day. They say nothing and hand him a note.
Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 99672
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3   Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3 - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old, Archived Dead Threads Graveyard 3
Page 32 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next