Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics

Go down 
+2
Caleb_71
ilikefishfood
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics Empty
PostSubject: Home of ACR and InTEEN "NOT" closing   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:33 am

I'm not really sure where to post this. If I'm posting in the wrong place Sugah, my apologies...please feel free to rap me on my knuckles (not too hard please) and move this elsewhere.

I've just learned that TwoJeff's the creator of ACR which I know many, many players use...is closing his site in Janaury. verklempt

Just wanted to alert everyone in case they wanted to download a backup of ACR, and any or all of his other awesome mods and must-have fixes. TJ has been one of the longest serving modders in the community, and has made his work available for free with the greatest of patience and kindness.

ACR in my opinion has made the game far more playable, and I'm sure is the reason why so many of us are still playing after all these years (seven in my case!). TJ's mods and fixes are all finished, stable and haven't needed updating in years, and he has lost interest and is not interested in TS3 so he's slipping away.

A great loss to the community...but fortunately we have wonderful folks like Sugah's and family to keep the fires of TS2 burning brightly! Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 765640

His site, Simbology, is also the home of the famous (or infamous) InTEENinator.

UPDATE: Good news, Simbology's mods: ACR and InTEEN and TwoJeffs' other mods are being hosted by Leefish. Though no longer supported, at least they'll still be available.

You can find them HERE.

FURTHER UPDATE: The site moderators and a couple of long time members have come together, and have taken over the administration of Simbology with TJ's blessing, who'd handed over the domain to them and all of that. You can log on as before, using your old passwords and everything looks the same.

All of his mods and inTEEN are available for download still. Yaaaaaaay to the wonderful folks who were determined not to see another popular TS2 site fall by the wayside. dancintrio

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 am

The closing of Sim 2 Sites is becoming the norm, as many just don't have the time or inclination for our favourite game. Tis the reason I am trying to become self sufficient in what I want for my game.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:30 am

Caleb_71 wrote:
Tis the reason I am trying to become self sufficient in what I want for my game.

Indeed! And to you I am grateful. I'm also going to take a stab at recolouring clothes in the New Year, thanks to our sweet little tute...and I'm also going to try recolouring objects as well. Seems like it'll soon be up to us to keep the sim light shining!
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 am

ilikefishfood wrote:

I'm also going to take a stab at recolouring clothes in the New Year.

Well my first recolour is on show, but with practice I slowly improved how to manipulate Gimp for what I wanted. So all it really takes is finding the right photos to manipulate into what you are trying to achieve and implement it.

ilikefishfood wrote:

I'm also going to try recolouring objects as well.

We will have to convince Sugah to part with some of her knowledge on that subject.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:46 am

Caleb_71 wrote:
We will have to convince Sugah to part with some of her knowledge on that subject.

I got chocolate! Think that'll work? sunny
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 5:37 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:

I got chocolate! Think that'll work? sunny

Not in to bribery, I just ask politely, the worst answer you can get is no, but that is not normally the case.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Moving to a new computer   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:20 am

I just moved from my (very) old computer running XP to a brand spanking new computer (Pentium i7, Radeon HD 6700, 8GB ram 1TB hard disk, biiig monitor).

The following is a product plug: I used Laplink PCMover. My computers spent all night moving stuff over an ethernet cable. My sims came up seamlessly, all my 'hoods, all my downloads, all my hacks, all my expansions - everything! Happy Simmer sunny The software and cable are around $25, Dell offered it as an extra when I ordered my new computer.
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

That's very useful information! I assume you're running Windows 7 on your new system. Have you noticed any difference in terms of the Sims? I know a few years back some folks discouraged people from moving to quad core, and even duo core systems because TS2 wasn't designed to take advantage of those cpus. But I haven' heard anyone say they had problems with Win 7 and the sims...yet.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:55 pm

I did neglect to mention that the new system was running Windows 7 (I should have, moving from XP to W7 is all the more impressive).

I'm still getting used to Windows 7 - quite a bit different from XP or any that came before. verklempt I'm optimistic. Tomorrow I'll be getting "Windows 7 - the Missing Manual" so will gradually become more informed. Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 898330

Regarding the sims:

It's still running in 32-bit 4Gb, I have a huuuge neighborhood, with hundreds of houses and sims. Had one crash already, so a souped up 'puter can still be overloaded.

On the plus side, and I should also mention that I have a real muscle video card:

Game seems to load faster - 15 min rather than 30.
I can really max out the graphics - everything and everyone looks better.
I extended my neighborhood view from medium to large - I usually don't go back to the map but hop from house to house. I was able to transfer to a house waaaaay across the map!
The accelerated speed (at work, sleeping, studying) seems to go faster.
With my old graphics card, I used to have to stop the game to change the view. No longer.

I'm sure a lot of this is the new card (Radeon HD 6700) Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 12612 the old one was an Nvidia 8600 No

Some of this is the new fast computer, fast hard disks, and probably minimal fragmentation of files - I'm only using 218 Gb of a Tb.

Please feel free to ask more if the above hasn't answered your questions or if you come up with more. Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 62525
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Was just kidding about the chocolate thing! sunny I'm a bit silly that way. I'm sure Sugah would be glad to share her knowledge...but she is so crazy busy these days. I'll prowl around the community and see what I come up with. If I get the hang of it, I might even give tutorial writing a try. Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 12612

Good news about TwoJeff's mods...Leefish has kindly offered to store them at his/her site including of course InTEEN....which was also hosted at TJ's Simbology.

They won't be supported, but at least they'll still be available.

Interested persons can find them all HERE.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:49 am

ilikefishfood wrote:
Was just kidding about the chocolate thing! sunny I'm a bit silly that way.

Oh. I knew you were trying to tickle the funny bone.

ilikefishfood wrote:
I'm sure Sugah would be glad to share her knowledge...but she is so crazy busy these days.

Yep. she sure is flatout like a lizard drinking.

ilikefishfood wrote:

If I get the hang of it, I might even give tutorial writing a try. Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 12612

Will definitely look forward to that.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 5:54 am

Caleb_71 wrote:

Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 363286'Like a lizard drinking!' I've not heard that one before! It's perfect! They really do drink at a hundred kilometres an hours!!! Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 99672 Is that an 'Downunder' expression? I can't wait to use it!
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:28 am

ilikefishfood wrote:
Caleb_71 wrote:

Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 363286'Like a lizard drinking!' I've not heard that one before! It's perfect! They really do drink at a hundred kilometres an hours!!! Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 99672 Is that an 'Downunder' expression? I can't wait to use it!

'Flatout like a lizard drinking' is Aussie slang for really busy.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:33 am

Caleb_71 wrote:
'Flatout like a lizard drinking' is Aussie slang for really busy.

Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 461171 Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 99672
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 6:35 am

Download GPU-Z as this program will tell you the components of your computer.

twerplina wrote:
I know a few years back some folks discouraged people from moving to quad core, and even duo core systems because TS2 wasn't designed to take advantage of those cpus.

I run Sims 2 on single, dual core and quad core with different operating systems in 32 or 64 bit. I also run them at a higher clockspeed than what they were designed to run at. Never had a problem with any of them, except taking screen captures in Win 7 64 bit.
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks for the replies. I don't really have time right now to go into this further, but I would like to at a future date. Be warned, lol!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:25 am

That is very sad news, indeed. I guess we couldn't expect all of our favorite sites to stay around forever, though. I'm so glad Leefish is hosting TJ's mods. I could not play this game without several of TJ's essential mods and fixes and ACR. I also really enjoy having INTEEN in my game, as well. I hope TJ goes onto something that makes him happy.
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:31 am

Congrats to your new system, Mac! My husband loves the ethernet cables. They came in very handy moving stuff from computer to computer. In this household, upgrades roll downhill. Hubby upgrades and passes his old system pieces to me or the boys. In January, the middle kid will finally get his own computer, so we'll have use of the cable again!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Actually they've been further developments. Some of the site moderators and helpers who've been around from the beginning are taking it over. TJ has handed over the domain to them, and while they'll be no new mods, folks can still have access to ACR and inTEEN...and they'll continue to offer assistance and a place to hang out that's dedicated to TS2. Everything will stay the same...the name of the site, the look...everything! The three main people have even decided to pay the first year's hosting fee among themselves and everything! Yaaaaaay for dedicated TS2-ers!!! dancintrio

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Wow! That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:00 pm

Astral Faery wrote:
Wow! That's awesome!

It is! The site was down for a couple of days while they switched servers and all f that...and then it was back! I didn't even have to log in, it remembered my stuff...and the site looks exactly the same! Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 12612
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:55 pm

Here is where we shall store older Sims Schmoozathon threads. Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics 940149
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics   Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics Empty

Back to top Go down

Archived Sims Schmoozing Topics
Page 1 of 1