Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris Empty
PostSubject: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:56 pm

How to Post Images @ Sugah's Place by Soloaris
(with slight editing by old Sugah)

If you want to post pictures, you will need a Photobucket (or other image hosting) account.
Photobucket is free.
The only thing you have to do is register/sign up for the free account.

Follow this link to Photobucket!

You can then upload all kinds of pictures there (the most common is JPG format).
The Sims 2 game screenshots are JPGs. How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 12612

To capture an in game image, just freeze your game with the "pause" button.
Then, take the picture using the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
Lower your game (alt-shift-tab).
Paste the image you've snapped using "Print Screen" into your paint program.
Resize, if necessary, to this forum's specs found here.
Save the jpg to your puter.

FYI:
It's always a good idea to use the BEST quality & largest (600 x 450) in game image settings for picturing sharing if you're going to use the in game camera (rather than the "pause-print screen method above).

Now, you can upload your pictures to Photobucket!

Look for this button:

How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris Upload

Just point and left click with your mouse on the green UPLOAD button.
You should then see your own folders appear in a window.
Find the folder in your puter, where you saved your pics and start uploading to Photobucket. How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 12612

Once you have uploaded the pictures, they will be seen on the screen.
Then, mark the picture you want to post, and you will see 4 different image codes.
Copy the IMG code, as shown below.

How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris Mark

Once you copy the image code, have Photobucket and Sugah's open at the same time.
Do your post as usual and paste the IMG code (picture) into the post!
You can preview the post to see if the photo appears correctly.

Now, your post will be nice and have pictures! And people will answer your
post and say, "oh what good pictures you do!" and "what's that you got in your game"???

How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 97206

I am sure you can ask anyone here, at the site, if you need help.
Just don't be afraid ... And How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 55638

* Please make sure your images are NO WIDER than 650-675 pixels.

Thank you! *

Last edited by Sugah on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:23 pm

A big thanks goes out to Jackie for allowing me to copy and paste his photo posting tutorial to share with others here. How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 405831

If anyone would care to add anything to this tutorial, please do.
All helpful hints, advice and methods are appreciated.
Also, if you need clarification on the above tutorial, just ask!
We are always happy to help you here.

How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 678648
Back to top Go down
soloaris

soloaris

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:42 pm

How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 319331 I am just Happy to be at your service my Lady
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:48 am

This is my issue at the moment! I have been using the "direct link" in my Picture Trail to post my images here...next time I will use the one you mentioned IMG code!! Thank you!!!!
Maybe this is why my images come out so small?
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:21 pm

If you are using the "direct link", you just click on the little image icon above the message body (to the left of the link button, when posting).
It will place the img coding for you and then you can just paste the direct link between the img code brackets.
Either way, both will work.

What we need to find out is:
What size are the images you're taking?
Are you using the in game camera and if so, the 600 x 450 large size setting?
Do you have it set at the highest quality?

If you're not using the in game camera, how are you capturing the images?
(I use the 'print screen' method, but some folks here like the free program ScreenHunter. How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 584675

Is your image host automatically re-sizing your images? Making them smaller?
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Sugah, I am taking pictures in game with SimCamera. I edit them in PSP7 and then save them to my Win7 Library picture folder. When I look at the photo's in My Pictures viewer they are the correct size. I just started a new Photobucket account so I will try that next time...Thanks for the link to ScreenHunter, it looked too complicated for me lol..
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Let me know how Photobucket works for you.
What size is your PSP7 telling you your images are when you check 'image information'?
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Like I mentioned before at least 600x450!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Forgive my feeble old memory banks, Sandy! How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 85797

Then, the only thing I can think of is your image host is automatically re-sizing your pics for some reason.
Otherwise, why would your in game shots be 600 x 450 when you take & save them, then get smaller by the time you try to post them HERE? How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 62525
This forum only re-sizes images that are larger than 700 pixels in width to accommodate our snapshot size limit.
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:43 pm

You hit the nail on the head Sugah!! I will figure it out or else How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 598258

When I paste the image into PSP it looks small, but when I ck image info it says the 600x450. No

Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:43 pm

I saw in the other thread (we've been discussing this in), that you did, indeed discover it was your image host downsizing your snapshots.

I am so glad you got it figured out, Sandy. Way to go!!! How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris 687310

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris   How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Post Images in This Forum - A Tutorial by Soloaris
Page 1 of 1