Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb   Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:08 am

This Tutorial uses Gimp and Irfanview, which are both free.
I actually did some make-up and couldn't work what I did wrong, as they did not show up in game.
I searched for answers and found nothing, but eventually worked out what was wrong.

So here is a walk through showing how to recolour Eye Shadow, but can also be used for clothes.

WARNING: Do not upload anything you recolour using this method, it is for personal use only.

Start by opening Bodyshop, Create Parts, Start New Project, Create Facial Hair Makeup & Glasses, Makeup and then Eyeshadow.
I have used an Ephemera Eyeshadow in this as I wanted more variety, so I click on an Eyeshadow and export the Textures and when it asks to name your Project, give it a name you can remember.
As this is my eighth recolour, I am calling it Ephemera8. Minimise Bodyshop while you do the Project.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute1

Now go to My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects and open the Folder with the project name you used. Right click the Texture and click Edit with Gimp.
When it opens up click Colors and then click Color Balance.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute2

Now you play with the three color sliders, to get the color to what you want.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute3

Click Colors, Brightness-Contrast.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute4

Now you have two Sliders to adjust.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute5

When you are happy with the color, save your Texture.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute6

Now to make a Swatch that will show up in the Bodyshop Category.

Go back to your Project Folder and by right clicking, open with Irfanview.
Drag a square around the eye by holding down the left mouse button and letting go of the button when you are ready, by watching the numbers in the top blue border.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute7

Now click Edit and then Crop Selection.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute8

Now click Image and then Resize/Resample.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute9

Now make sure Set new size is selected.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute10

A Swatch is 64 x 64 pixels, so resize your cropped selection to this size.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute11

Now drag a rectangle across the top of your Swatch and then click Edit and then Insert text into selection.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute12

Type whatever you like and by clicking Chose Font, brings up the options to change the font, color and size.
You may also make sure Text Alignment is set to Center.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute13

The finished Swatch.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute14

Now save your Swatch as Swatch in your Project Folder.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute15

Bring Bodyshop back, click the green circled arrow to refresh the model and Swatch, also deselect the Icons in the red circled area that you don't want the Eyeshadow to appear in.
Now click the Import to Game Icon at the bottom.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute16

Check what it looks like in Bodyshop and you are done. I know the red is bright, but it shows what can be done by having a play.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute17

Here is the Phyl Manning dress I included in the upload.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute18

By using similar techniques to the above you can change colours for clothing you like, but remember only for your personal use.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute19

The photos of this Tutorial were done with Irfanview, using Options, Screen Capture and making a Folder to capture each photo for resizing after I was finished,

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Make-upTute20
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb   Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:38 pm

wow!

Russell, this is great!
Many people use Gimp & Irfanview, since they are free programs.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this tutorial for Recoloring in BodyShop!
The images help a LOT to give us the visual on what you're sharing with us. Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb 21650

I'm going to sticky it, as I have no doubt many of our members will find this a useful, easy to understand lesson.

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb 846508
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net

Tutorial for Recolouring in BodyShop by Caleb
Page 1 of 1