Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's 'Hood

Go down 
+7
ilikefishfood
Nonni
mac
SandySimmer
Sugah
SimEm
autumnelle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 8:25 am

It's been a long time since I've posted in this thread, but I'm trying something new.
Meet Jasmin and Caroline. Since many more female sims are posted by creators than male ones, I occasionally pair up a couple of women as partners. A word on each of them: Jasmin is by carolina xoxo @ MTS2, while Caroline was born-in-game but has Birdgurl's Cynthia and Caleb's Shirley as ancestors.  I think that Jasmine is DDG (drop-dead-gorgeous) and want to continue her genes in my 'hood. Here they are, and the sharp-eyed among you  may just notice that Jasmin (the blonde) is wearing a maternity dress. A maternity dress??? How is that possible???

I count as friends a Lesbian couple back in Massachusetts. One of them sang in the church choir with Maikki and me, and also shared my passion for Victorian novels. They decided to impregnate her with AI (that's artificial insemination, not artificial intelligence  Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 971462) She eventually had a little boy. Some rather fatuous person asked "How will he learn about girls?"  Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 62525 Huh????  Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 97206

Sims2 doesn't have AI, so I had to find a male BFF with Jasmine with sufficient bolts, teleport him in, and do a "Try for baby". I have a hack that modifies relationships and am hoping that when a child is on the scene to give the child two "mommies" and remove the link to "daddy". Watch this space, although it might be a few months before this story continues.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Jasmin10
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Mac! It's nice to read about someone's game again. I hope the hack works; it sounds like it should.

I use ACR and let it randomize the gender preferences of my Sims. In the Offspring Challenge, I had too many males who were heterosexual, so I brought in a new crop of females at University, only to discover that two of them were gay and a couple of my guys still had no potential mates. Random doesn't always work out!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 11:08 am

Meet Jessica! Here her other mommy, Caroline, is holding her while her mom Jasmin talks to her.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Jasmin11

I've successfully used Sim Blender (from simbology.com) to make Caroline a mommy as well. There may be some conflict with the nursing hack which doesn't seem to be working for Jasmin as it should. We'll see.

BTW Cher, I always save around the 73rd or 74th hour of pregnancy. When the baby is born, if the gender isn't what I want, I exit without saving, reload and try again.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 1:41 pm

I've done that, too, Mac. I've also done it to avoid or to make sure of having twins. Usually to avoid. laughin
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 3:52 pm

Cher64 wrote:
I've also done it to avoid or to make sure of having twins. Usually to avoid. laughin

One toddler is quite enough, and then some! bluwhew! I've had twins once or twice - kept both mom and dad on the run the whole time.   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 873892  Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 873892

I always do the teaching talking, walking, and (especially) potty training. I try to have one parent platinum, then use thinking cap for the parent and smart milk for the toddler. Can usually, by timing the kid's energy and bladder, get everything done in one session. Hunger doesn't seem to matter - one sip of smart milk is enough.

I try to use the toys to get the toddler to 5 in logic, mechanical, charisma, and creativity. If the child is 0 or 1 grouchy  Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 971462 , I use a "good book" for the kid to study to get it up to 3 or 4.
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 2:53 pm

I haven't used a good book yet, but it's something to keep in mind if neither parent is high enough to teach niceness. That might well be an issue in the new hood I've set up and started to play. I went with a randomizer for my starting Sims, and it seems a lot of them are 5 or below on grouchy/nice.

I like to teach my toddlers all the stuff they're supposed to learn, too. I know a number of people skip it entirely because it doesn't matter once they age up, but I like watching the parents or older sibling do it. I try to max out charisma with the rabbit head because there's no fun way to gain charisma after that.

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Cher, here's a link to the "good books"
http://classic.modthesims.info/d/476961

BTW, the Wobbly Wabbit Head (for charisma) is one of the funniest items in the game! "Ribbit!" Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 683951
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 9:17 am

laughin True, and thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 8:12 pm

How awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 am

Does the SimBlender also enable you to impregnate a sim with anyone in the neighborhood? I can't remember, since I switched to Aaron's Sim Manipulator. You wouldn't even need the man's donation unless you just liked it for roleplaying purposes.

Your sims are both lovely I love you
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Astral Faery wrote:
Does the SimBlender also enable you to impregnate a sim with anyone in the neighborhood?

I checked and it actually does, I just hadn't stumbled on it, so went the more conventional way around then used simblender to add and remove family links.

Actually in the "Two Mommies" scenario, both mommies could nurse. Convenient, but not biological! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 62525
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm

I'm so thankful for mods like that - there have been a lot of times I intended to make a new CAS couple married and moved them onto the lot single. Then I had to go through the laborious process of making them like each other, fall in love, get married - UGH! It's a quick and easy fix with mods.

I like your idea of having her male BFF come over to impregnate her, though, because it adds more to the story.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 8:03 am

I used SimBlender for another Lesbian pregnancy. The SimBlender even allows non-biologically-possible options. The "father" can even be the sim's partner or the sim herself. Haven't tried having a guy try it yet.

Editorial comment: In these days of the manufacture and encouragement of hatred, Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 515704  I've always appreciated Sims2. Black, White, Lesbian, Gay, or whatever makes absolutely no difference in the game. Wish RL could be so. Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 12612
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 1:05 pm

I couldn't agree with you more. I love running my ACR randomizer and then watching which sims start relationships (or have those little attraction hearts for). We have watched a couple of progressive shows on tv lately that seem to be moving in the right direction. People really just need to get over themselves. Heck, you could make gay couples all the way back to Sims 1 - that's a strong positive in their favor! I play a lot of Skyrim and Dragon's Dogma, as well, and both those games allow same sex romances, too. Games have a more open mind than a lot of RL people.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 2:00 pm

That's something I like with Sims 4...you can go back into the create a sim with the family and if they are same sex, you can tell it to make one of them able to get pregnant and one of them to get a sim pregnant...save and continue...it's really cool!
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2019 2:38 pm

How do you like Sims 4, Tim? I almost downloaded the free version, but then I knew if I liked it I'd want all of the Expansion Packs - which cost a fortune.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 1:55 pm

Astral Faery wrote:
How do you like Sims 4, Tim?  I almost downloaded the free version, but then I knew if I liked it I'd want all of the Expansion Packs - which cost a fortune.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672 Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672 Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672

The wife is really bugging me to start getting her the expansions and packs for her...I keep telling her, *IF* she ever quits spending money on these damn cell phone games (complete waste of money) I would...but so far she hasn't...I think June was the worst month, she spent over $40 on them...ticks me off, she is like, but I was attacked and needed to rebuild. That's exactly why I don't play those games.

I do like it a lot, I have not played Sims 2 since I got it, but it's not like I have only been playing Sims 4, I haven't played it since the time before last that she came home. There are still a lot of things I just love about Sims 2 that aren't in 4 and I can't see spending money on it...if it had just been Sims 2 except for all the new improvements of graphics and stuff, I probably would have sprung for it, it's really good. But, there isn't a Body Shop, so I don't see how you can create Sims to really look like others if that is your thing, and I don't think like Sims 2 there is a way to make your own meshes for clothes and stuff either.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 27, 2019 5:05 pm

When Maikki and I were first dating, I'd never had much Mexican or Tex-Mex food at all. I learned to like, and still like, guacamole.

But... The very first time we went to a Mexican restaurant, I ordered a Corona beer - I thought that was the thing to do. It almost ended then and there (not really Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 97206). I've since learned to appreciate Margaritas Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 7255, which are the thing to drink in a Mexican restaurant!

Since then, I've come up with my own Margarita formula - don't smoke while drinking, and don't drive afterward!

For 2 people, serve over crushed ice with a lime wedge: 4 oz Rose's lime juice, 4 oz Tequila, 4 oz Cointreau. Add sugar to taste (Maikki likes 'em sweet). Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 883392
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 28, 2019 12:04 pm

As far as I'm concerned, margaritas (or anything with tequila, really) are always the thing to drink!
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 1:37 pm

Daiquiris!!!! Bacardi for the win! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 99672
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Is anybody still playing Sims2 besides  me???  Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 553217 I'm slowly winding down my 'hood - adding nobody new (with a very occasional exceptional exception), pairing 'em up, having one child, then retiring mom and dad when they get to level 10. Eventually there'll be one or two left and I'll stop simming Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 503793

Meanwhile, here are Beverly Donnelly (A daughter of Lowisa's Beatrice Donnelly - complete with dragon tatoo, and a granddaughter of  Toni's Sacha, her husband Patrick is the son of  couple of MTS2 submissions: Birdie by joandsarah77 and Phil by nyctopile)

They're both dancers: She's a flamenco dancer and  he's a ballroom dancer. They both have dancers' barres and are practicing together. Awwww! Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 284699 They will be planning a child, then when the kid goes off to univ, they'll join the retirees in a subhood.
Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Dancer10
Back to top Go down
Astral Faery

Astral Faery

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 5:17 pm

Why do you have to quit, Mac?  Can't the children start families after they grow up?  Sometimes it's fun to follow a family through several generations and watch how the genetics change.

Cute picture, by the way.  I love you

I do still play, I just don't take pics and share anymore. I had that RKC going awhile back. I do have pics of that, still, that I didn't get around to posting. I need to find a new photo hosting site and that just seemed daunting, so I haven't gotten it done. Life just does that thing that it does and gets in the way, lol.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi Ari, good to  hear from you!  Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 366915

I  use the photo sharing site servimg.com. It's not perfect but it works.

Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 284699 mac
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2020 8:56 am

I still play the sims once in awhile. Not as often as I'd like though, since I work during the week and spend time with my son (or he's using my computer) on the weekends and evenings. My best chance to play is when he's at his dad's, but he hasn't been there since Christmas. I'm still playing my RKC neighborhood and occasionally posting about it on tumblr. I did think I should post about it here, but my second generation are reaching elderhood at this point and I'm not sure where to start.

If you're planning to stop playing the sims, I hope it's because you want to and not because you feel like you have to. I'm always starting new neighborhoods and new challenges, so that keeps the game fresh for me. I hope you don't feel like you're stuck once you retire your last current sims.

You can use servimg directly through the forum too. (That's the way I first discovered it.) Once of the icons above the text box when you post says "host an image" when you hover over it. I used it exclusively for posting pictures here before I discovered I could also use it to host photos for my blog.

You should post, Ari, even without the pictures and tell us what kind of hood you're playing now.

Beverly and Patrick look like a happy dancer couple. It's nice they can enjoy their hobby together.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2020 11:09 am

I'm playing, Mac. I took a long time to set up my current hood, a loooong time. My plan is for this to be a long term hood with many generations. I've played four seasonal rotations and then a uni rotation. I've been taking pictures and notes, but just haven't been inspired to post any of it yet. I'm still getting a feel for my Sims' personalities -- they often surprise me by different than I'd envisioned when I created them. I think I mostly quit posting because no one else was posting or commenting. We should all change that. I still enjoy reading about other games.

I'm sorry to hear you plan to quit playing. I recently couldn't play for quite a while due to home improvements and a vacation and I was really missing it!

I plan on using the srvimg through the forum when I start posting about my game again. I have used Flickr on my food forum and it works pretty well, but you have to create a Yahoo account to use Flickr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's 'Hood   Mac's 'Hood - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's 'Hood
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next