Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Sandy's 'Hood

Go down 
+7
butterflyunion
Sugah
Nonni
SimEm
mac
ilikefishfood
SandySimmer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:34 pm

I love looking at everyone's goings on in their 'hoods! And, I would like to share mine I love you

I just started my game over again using some Clean Pre-made Hoods from here:

http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

My "Heather" (Toni's) and "Anne" (Toni's Faith)  are now roomies in my new Pleasantville.  I also love the playable in PV so
you will see them in my pictures as well.  The pictures below are pretty self explanatory.  Heather and Anne as new roomies, and Anne talks a walk in the park and meets Brandi, Darren etc.  To my surprise Anne and Darren have 3 bolts for each other and a new romance is in the cards
Had to remove old photo's due to space constraints at PhotoBucket :(

Last edited by SandySimmer on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 2:41 pm

I'm loving it Sandy! That yellow house is very pretty? Did you build it yourself?

It's amazing to see my girls in action! Yaaay!!! dancintrio 

Dying to see how things progress with Darren!

Love the first installment! Sandy's 'Hood 12612 sunny 
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks Toni! The house is Maxis, I may have added to the side of it for more space, and changed the siding to Maxis yellow.

Yep, Darren and Anne will be quite an item lol...Poor Heather will have to look for a new roomie soon laughin 

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Glad to see you joining the 'hood creators. It's all really "Paperdolls for Grownups", but the telling and the reading can be a lot of fun! The simmies created by Sugah et al can be so much fun to play. It really is amazing how we can get so caught up by collections of bits and pixels! I started playing with celebs more or less at the outset of Sims 2, but now my 'hood has many more created sims who, if they are famous, are famous for being themselves. (I write this as I am just about to post up some events concerning some of my favorite sims).

Toni (aka ilikefishfood) kept notebooks with plot lines for her (actual) paperdolls. Her 'hoods have well thought out story lines and need to be perused frame by frame from the beginning. I more or less let my 'hood go with the flow, now and then pursuing interesting or funny subplots. Now and then I do intervene, inserting a new sim with just the attributes to attract and be attracted to a particular sim already in the game and then use the phonebook hack to get them together. Mostly I just let them get on with their "lives".

I have, however, in the past year or so, had them have lots of kids - some of whom are now entering adulthood. I'm just now exploring the business expansion for some of my sims who are at the top of their careers, have permanent platinum, and oodles of simoleans.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Nice pictures, Sandy! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next with your sims.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:45 pm

Mac That is one of the things I love about Sims2..it has so many facets to play! I have not done the Business aspect either!

Em Thanks so much...hopefully I can post more soon I love you 
Back to top Go down
Nonni

Nonni

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 7:27 pm

I know I sound like a broken record but I love to see what is happening in other folk's games.

You make the little Maxis house look very nice. Did you use Mootilda's LotAdjuster?
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Oh, I think I recognize that house! Love what you've done with it! Sandy's 'Hood 302407 

How are Darren and Anne doing?
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Sandy, sorry I'm late to the party. Sandy's 'Hood 804361 
I just want to say, again, how happy I am that you decided to start your own game antics thread. Yaaaaay!

Sandy wrote:
My "Heather" (Toni's) and "Anne" (Toni's Faith)  are now roomies in my new Pleasantville.  
It's so great seeing Toni's pretty Sims in your game.
Ooooh la la! Looks like romance is in the air for Anne. THREE bolts with Darren! Sandy's 'Hood 738528 

Lady S wrote:
That is one of the things I love about Sims 2..it has so many facets to play!
Sandy's 'Hood 637989 Sandy's 'Hood 357604 

It's one of the many reasons I love this game so much.
The possibilities seem endless, don't they?  

Nonni wrote:
I love to see what is happening in other folk's games.
Me, too, Nonni, me too. Sandy's 'Hood 12612 

Looking forward to learning what happens next, Sandy.

ThankUforSharing Sandy's 'Hood 461171
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
butterflyunion

butterflyunion

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Hello Sandy. Seems you've got quite an interesting play going on in your hood. I love seeing people mix either their sims or downloaded sims with the base game sims and mixing things up ^_~* Should be interesting to see.

Yes, MeetMe is a godsend with those hoods of hers. When I get back to simming, I plan on doing a Strangetown/Pleasantview fusion type - she had to show me how to make one a subhood of the other since I don't want to do the entire megahood. I tried, but it was a bit overwhelming for me to undertake. Good luck to you though ^^
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:36 pm

Back to Darren Dreamer and Anne Regent...Darren wooed Anne easily due to the 3 bolts Sandy's 'Hood 97206 

Sandy's 'Hood Anne_Darren

Marriage came soon after a quick engagement!

Sandy's 'Hood Wedding3

Oops sugah, this photo slipped by me in the editing process :(
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:47 pm

They had a beautiful wedding.  Cassandra Goth-Lothario was there.  She wasn't a happy camper..lol

Sandy's 'Hood Wedding

Back home after the wedding, Darren cooks!

Sandy's 'Hood Darren_fire

John Burb strolls by the house during a lightening storm Sandy's 'Hood 99672 

Sandy's 'Hood JBurb_walksby

Anne gets prego after the first try!! Giving birth time!!!

Sandy's 'Hood Baby_coming

Sandy's 'Hood Baby_2

TWINS!!!!
Sandy's 'Hood Twins3

Sandy's 'Hood Twins

Meet Reggie and Regina...these are the looks the game gave them!! I haven't had time to give them makeovers yet laughin 

Sandy's 'Hood Reggie_Regina2

I LOVE how the toddlers HUGGLE!!I love you 
Sandy's 'Hood Huggles2

Back to top Go down
mac

mac

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:15 pm

BoyOhBoyOhBoy!  Sandy's 'Hood 366915  Another simmer marrying them off and having kids! Good luck with the twin toddlers! affraid 

Regarding makeovers, I'd wait until they're at least children, if not teens. Babies are nothing to go by, toddlers only a bit better. They really start to get their adult looks when they become teens. Check out the history of Simone or Toni Broadswood-Smythe, or Crystal Sugah in my 'hood. I've more or less left them as they grew up, maybe different hair, a dash of eye makeup, a bit of understated lipstick at most. It's so much fun at birthday time to see an ugly duckling turn into a swan!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, I am bursting at the seams with pride!!! dancintrio I am one seriously proud grandma!!! Sandy's 'Hood 7255 Sandy's 'Hood 366915 Sandy's 'Hood 247485 Sandy's 'Hood 981739 So proud of Anne and Darren...and I may be biased, but Reggie and Regina are the cutest toddlers evah! Sandy's 'Hood 12612 *wipes happy tear* (love their hair, by the way)

Well done!

Hugs all around!

PS)...Ha ha, at John Burb! laughin
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Sandy,
I just thought I'd show you how sims can grow up. Here is Ruth Aster's birthday party. She's the daughter of Brendan Teach (a pirate fightinpirate  ) one of Ari's sims and Zoe, another of Ari's sims, who just might be the prettiest sim ever submitted! The gal in the pirate outfit is Jacqueline Sparrow (the wife of Jack Sparrow, another pirate). I think she came from this site but I can't remember who created her - she's not Ari's Yvette, who's married to a different pirate.  pirateparrot  Ruth is the child in the pink outfit in the foreground. As far as I can remember, I've made absolutely zero changes to this kid since she was born.
Sandy's 'Hood RuthBirthday_zps20b40511

And here's Ruth as a teenager... DDG! wow! I haven't made a single change - why tamper with perfection? Moral of the story - don't despair about how the toddlers and kids look. Wait at least until they're teenagers.
Sandy's 'Hood RuthTeen_zpscbad7f18

Ari's sims have always made beautiful babies - here's a better picture of Zoe, her mom. Mom's looks and dad's black hair! wow! 
Sandy's 'Hood Zoe_Head

BTW, your pictures look very vertically stretched. Is it me and my game? Maybe mine look vertically squashed. Sandy's 'Hood 553217
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:37 am

Nonni, to answer your question, I have not used Mootilda's Lot adjuster. What does it do?

Thanks Butterfly!

Toni, the Heathers' house that you were asking about is 225 Main St :)

Mac, thanks for showing me your pirates :) Wow Zoe is beautiful and Ruth came out perfect I agree!!
When I said makeover earlier I meant change their hair or clothes.
My pictures look vertically stretched? Hmmm....Well, I cropped them in PSP to make them under the size limit that's all. I didn't change the pixel height or width.

Back to top Go down
Nonni

Nonni

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:36 am

Sandy - Thanks for sharing these scenes - You are off to a good start!

mac - Thanks, also, to you for sharing how genetics can go right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.affinitysims.com/forum/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:41 pm

Sandy wrote:
Oops sugah, this photo slipped by me in the editing process :(
No worries, m'lady!
Thank you for resizing your images to adhere to our 650-675 pixels wide limit.
I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Sandy wrote:
John Burb strolls by the house during a lightening storm.

Toni wrote:
PS)...Ha ha, at John Burb!
It doesn't hurt my feelings at all that Burb got hit by lightening.
I, for one, never liked that guy! Sandy's 'Hood 97206 

Congrats on the twins to the Dreamers (Anne and Darren)!
TOO CUTE!!!

dancintrio 

Sandy wrote:
I LOVE how the toddlers HUGGLE!!
Awww! Me, too! Precious capture!

Toni wrote:
Well, I am bursting at the seams with pride!!! dancintrio I am one seriously proud grandma!!!
Sandy's 'Hood 683951 

Mac wrote:
BTW, your pictures look very vertically stretched. Is it me and my game?
They don't look stretched to my eyes, Mac.
Sandy's images appear to have maintained a decent height-width proportion upon resizing them to fit our forum image rules.

Sandy to Nonni wrote:
I have not used Mootilda's Lot adjuster. What does it do?
It seems others have mentioned this, but I can not recall what the hack does, Sandy. I am not one to use hardly any mods/hacks in my game though.

ThankUforSharing 
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Yay!! I got my computer back this afternoon, that's the good news! The bad news is that I didn't back up my game and have to start over..lol! I will try to duplicate the families I have shared already if I can....I sincerely hope the Dreamers have twins again, hehe Muahaha 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 8:25 pm

There are hacks around that let you adjust things a bit (like setting up meetings and affections).

Sometimes you lose something (a program you're writing, a paper you're writing, or a sims 'hood). You have to start over and... the second time around it's even better than the first! Sandy's 'Hood 940149 
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 8:52 am

Mac, yes, starting over is like having a clean slate, BUT, is a lot of work Sandy's 'Hood 12612 Install-patch-install-patch-etc, etc laughin  I have all EP's and SP's too!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:27 am

SandySimmer wrote:
 Install-patch-install-patch-etc, etc
I thought that the patches for the most recent EP contained the corrections for the previous. Maybe no longer since EA no longer recognizes that Sims 2 exists Sandy's 'Hood 971462 
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:34 am

It has always been my understanding that the patches each have "fixes" appropriate to that EP...Here is the link to the patches
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS2_Patches

Please let me know if I'm mistaken laughin 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:44 am

SandySimmer wrote:
Please let me know if I'm mistaken laughin 
Got me... Your guess is as good as mine.  Sandy's 'Hood 553217  Over the years, I've done several complete re-installs - actually I do think that the reinstall goes out to get the patch (or at least it used to)

Better go with what you are doing...  Sandy's 'Hood 898330
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 9:47 am

Mac, this will be my 3rd re-install this year laughin  EA shut down its website for Sims2 so the only way to get the patches now is here at Sugah's or the Sims2 wiki...There may be other Forums that have them also :) I try to "save" them on my pc too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sandy's 'Hood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sandy's 'Hood   Sandy's 'Hood Empty

Back to top Go down

Sandy's 'Hood
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next