Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Mac's Families

Go down 
+10
MaAlet
ilikefishfood
SandySimmer
Cher64
autumnelle
Grykon
Nonni
Sugah
Ullwera
Astral Faery
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

Mac's Families - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 1:55 pm

After all the hassle with Photobucket  Mac's Families - Page 9 971462 this is a brand new post using the host servimg.
Toni's Kaile is married to Caleb's Shane Regent  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713 both! They've had a son Rex, who is celebrating his birthday transition from toddler to child. Shane (Popularity/Taurus) is at the top of the Journalism career and Kaile  wow!  Mac's Families - Page 9 508493 (Popularity/Aries) is at the top of the actress career. Kaile came home from her acting job just in time to bring Rex to the cake. Coming with her was another actress: Meryl Streep (by gdayars @ MTS2  Mac's Families - Page 9 367799 ) and she joined in the celebration.
Mac's Families - Page 9 Kailes10

I've now updated the images on the last page of each of my 'hood postings and will work backward as I have the strength.

Last edited by mac on Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Can't wait to see what Rex looks like when he gets older!  I didn't remember making a simmie called Kittery, but I recognized her from hair! laughin I called her Kaile, and I've just updated [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so her picture displays again.

Mac's Families - Page 9 Kaile_14

I hope you don't mind my doing a little ambush marketing! Mac's Families - Page 9 99672

By the way Mac...Rex was my dad's name!  How'd ya like that?! Mac's Families - Page 9 12612
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 3:39 pm

Yup, that's her (Yummy!) In my post I called her both Kaile and Kittery - going to correct it now. Caleb supplied last names for  his sims. Lots of yours had last names like Kittery, Nevin, Kittson, Frederick (!), etc. I'm currently using the St. Paul street directory to supply last names. Been using some simmies by SummerGlau and nyctopile from MTS2 lately. Looking forward to your next creation! Mac's Families - Page 9 12612 wow!

Meanwhile, here's Rex as a child (and with looks like that he'd better learn how to fight  verklempt )  I usually keep my sims as children only long enough to improve their Grouchy...Nice to at least 3 (most born-in-game start at 1!) and maybe get their grades up to B+ at least. They're teens only long enough to get to A, A+, now and then be a superachiever. Then on to univ and adult life. But all that will have to wait until the next season.
Mac's Families - Page 9 Rexreg10

I use Charmed Book of Shadows by ureachedpam @ MTS2 to change low personality scores.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 26, 2017 5:31 pm

Two of Toni's creations,, Astrid and Sacha  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713  found each other and have had a son, Whitney. Here are pics of them with Whitney as a child and, later, with Whitney as a YA as he started university
Mac's Families - Page 9 Astrid10Mac's Families - Page 9 Astrid11
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 am

Whitney sure grew up well!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 24, 2017 8:00 am

I'm using a lot of sims lately, many not by contributors on this forum. Here, however, are two: Lilura, by Sugah and Tony, by Toni.  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713 to both of you. Tony (Pleasure/Aries) is at the top of the Maxis Intelligence career and Lilith (Pleasure/Aries) is at the top of the Maxis Show Business career. Sugah submitted Lilura as dressed in the picture. We won't even talk about her undies!  hubbahubba (I couldn't find an embarrassed/blushing emoticon)

Their daughter, Lilith is now a YA at university. She's Family/Scorpio and will be following a career path different from mom and dad. She'll probably be following a Science or Engineering career. Who says that scientists or engineers can't be beautiful!  wow!
Mac's Families - Page 9 Tonyli10
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Here are Joe Minelli and his wife Lucia with their son, Vinnie Minelli as he enters university. Both Joe and Lucia  wow! are by Toni  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713 I've missed the wonderful simmies created on this site lately. I've been using some by SummerGlau and nyctopile on MTS2. But Ari's back so I can hope for some yummy sims! Maybe a few eventually when Toni finds time in her busy life.  bluwhew!  I de-elderized Joe and made him just a regular adult. (Wish there were a RL version. I just turned 77 and have decided to call 77... "the new 76"  Mac's Families - Page 9 97206) Joe is at level 8 in the Fitness career (Fitness author: Sit on your duff, read the book, feel the power!  laughin) Lucia is at the top of the Acting career (both careers non-Maxis). Vinnie is looking at a career in Music.

Vinnie has some family cousins: Joe's sons have children: Sal, a toddler, is the son of Anthony. Will Sal Minelli have a career in Cuisine???  Mac's Families - Page 9 46579  Mac's Families - Page 9 97206 Liza, a baby, but surely headed for an acting career is the daughter of Paolo, and Joe's lovely daughter Pia has a child "in the works"
Mac's Families - Page 9 Joeluc11
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 9:54 am

I like the "new 76" Mac! The older I get, the less old any particular age seems to me. Funny how that works. laughin I have one of Toni's elders in my Sugah's Pleasanview game. Jake is married to the quiet, sensitive artist Esther, and he drinks a lot of green stuff because he doesn't want to leave her as a single parent to their two boys.

It's good to see someone playing and updating. I've been playing, but am way behind on updating. Sal Minelli should definitely have a career in cuisine.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 10:40 am

More Minellis!
Anthony Minelli and Bailey (both by Toni  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713) and their son Sal Minelli. Anthony (Knowledge/Taurus) is at level 7 of my Baseball career and the lovely Bailey (Knowledge/Aries) is at the top of a non-Maxis Real Estate career. Sal, a YA entering university, is Knowledge/Scorpio, has a hobby of Cuisine and is looking forward to a Culinary career. Won't all of you want to dine at Sal Minelli's restaurant?  Mac's Families - Page 9 46579  Mac's Families - Page 9 97206
Mac's Families - Page 9 Anthon10

Pia Minelli (by Toni  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713) married Jim (by Verena @ MTS2  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713) and he took her name. Pia is at level 6 in the Modeling career while Jim is at level 7 in the Maxis Athletic career. They're both Family/Cancer. She has a hobby of Sports and he has a hobby of Fitness
Mac's Families - Page 9 Piajim10

Here they are with their little girl Melanie (not Melania!) Can you say "Melanie Minelli" 10 times quickly?  verklempt Melanie is an Aries with a Sports hobby.
Mac's Families - Page 9 Piajim11

Does anyone know how the zodiac of the offspring is related to the zodiac of the parents, if at all? I do notice that lots of offspring have a grouchy-nice of 1. There are any number of hacks to increase the "nice" which I usually use when the offspring is a child - increasing up to no more than 4.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Oh everybody is so good looking!!! (If I do say so myself! Mac's Families - Page 9 99672 )

I can't believe you now play a hood with children...do you remember when you only had one child in your whole neighbourhood! Mac's Families - Page 9 12612 sunny
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 4:00 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
I can't believe you now play a hood with children...do you remember when you only had one child in your whole neighbourhood! Mac's Families - Page 9 12612 sunny

Nowadays, I tend to play sims until both mom and dad are at level 10 and offspring is (are) at univ. Then I retire the parents. I do tend to have a one child policy, not because of population limitation but just that 2 toddlers at once are a bit much (exceptions for exceptional sim parents: Nonni's Mac's Families - Page 9 503793 self-sim and Kaspre - Elle's otherworldly and exceptional beauty). So I tend to have a flow of simmies through my 'hood. The retired simmies are in a subhood, I don't play them but they still walk through and occasionally form friendships with current simmies. I try to keep an eye on single simmies and either import or breed a simmie with 3-bolt-compatible features.

I play the babies and toddlers for the full number of days, and most of the toddlers play with their toys so that they're level 5 in logic, charisma, mechanical, and creativity. I play them as children until they get A+ in school, then transition them very briefly through teen to YA. I then play semester 8 (only) at univ and have a brand new adult.

Probably the way I play this way is that I didn't find my teen years to be very enjoyable. College was all (mostly laughin) about studying and not rah-rah. I sort of play the simmies the way I've lived. But at the ripe age of 77, I have no complaints!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 9:16 am

As far as I can tell, the zodiac sign of the offspring is random. I've not studied it, though, so I could be wrong. I've also noticed that an inordinate number of offspring have niceness of 1, regardless of how nice (or not) the parents are.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 10:22 am

Cher64 wrote:
I've also noticed that an inordinate number of offspring have niceness of 1, regardless of how nice (or not) the parents are.

I've noticed that, too. I think when personality points are assigned to an toddler, they're assigned to personality traits from top to bottom. Thus niceness, at the bottom of the heap, tends to get short-changed. I use this hack to make up for it. The child must have all needs bars pretty much full to use one of the books, but they can then study "niceness" and increase that score. If they start out at grouchy 1,  Mac's Families - Page 9 971462  I tend not to promote the score past 4. verklempt
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 pm

I've always liked your idea of the retirement hood. It's up for consideration at my end. I just play my game so very slowly, I don't have enough elders yet believe it or not! laughin
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 10:42 pm

Actually, very few of my sims are elders. While they are in the active game I just keep plying them with green stuff. I don't actively play them in the retirement 'hood so they stay adults without green stuff.

Among the sims I have actually made elders - and that's using a hack not natural aging, are: Me, Maikki, Sugah, Nerissa, and... you:Toni (who just happened to turn out a pretty young looking elder - and recently a great-grandma Mac's Families - Page 9 97206)
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 2:07 pm

mac wrote:
Nowadays, I tend to play sims until both mom and dad are at level 10 and offspring is (are) at univ. Then I retire the parents. I do tend to have a one child policy, not because of population limitation but just that 2 toddlers at once are a bit much (exceptions for exceptional sim parents: Nonni's Mac's Families - Page 9 503793 self-sim and Kaspre - Elle's otherworldly and exceptional beauty). So I tend to have a flow of simmies through my 'hood. The retired simmies are in a subhood, I don't play them but they still walk through and occasionally form friendships with current simmies. I try to keep an eye on single simmies and either import or breed a simmie with 3-bolt-compatible features.

I play the babies and toddlers for the full number of days, and most of the toddlers play with their toys so that they're level 5 in logic, charisma, mechanical, and creativity. I play them as children until they get A+ in school, then transition them very briefly through teen to YA. I then play semester 8 (only) at univ and have a brand new adult.

Probably the way I play this way is that I didn't find my teen years to be very enjoyable. College was all (mostly laughin) about studying and not rah-rah. I sort of play the simmies the way I've lived. But at the ripe age of 77, I have no complaints!!! sunny

What an interesting idea on playing them...I hope when Cathy is back home and I get things done around here I can start playing again, I might try this approach or something close to it...so when you say a subhood you are talking about like downtown/university, so on and so forth?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Grykon wrote:
What an interesting idea on playing them...I hope when Cathy is back home and I get things done around here I can start playing again, I might try this approach or something close to it...so when you say a subhood you are talking about like downtown/university, so on and so forth?

My 'retirement' 'hood is actually classified as a shopping 'hood. I started with just a blank map with roads, put in a whole bunch of tiny houses, and have packed each with 8 'retirees'.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Cool!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 11:33 am

I miss Nonni  Mac's Families - Page 9 503793 but her delightful elfin self-avatar continues in my 'hood. She's Family/Pisces and is at level 8 in a Sims2Creator career (doh). She's married to Ivor August, a born in game sim. He's Family/Scorpio and is at the top of the Science career. His parents are Sugah's Evariste and Toni's Apollonia.  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713  Here they are with their two children Nico and Nina. Nina has mom's elvin traits.. It must be that red hair is a recessive gene, since both kids have Ivor's black hair.
Mac's Families - Page 9 Ivorno10

Nico and Nina are now YA and at univ. They're renting a house together at Academie Le Tour. He's Popularity/Aries and heading onto some sort of musical career while she's Knowledge/Scorpio and is a budding scientist.
Mac's Families - Page 9 Ivorno11
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Awww...I miss Nonni too! verklempt

So glad we still have a part of her with us for the game! Nice little update!
Back to top Go down
Cher64

Cher64

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 8:15 pm

It's nice to see SimNonni with her happy family. verklempt
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 am

Here's Richard, between his mom and dad, Robin and Allegra - both by Toni  Mac's Families - Page 9 243713 Robin (Family/Pisces) is at the top of the Cruise Line career and Allegra (Family/Scorpio) is at the top of the Athletic career. Richard is in line to be a budding scientist.
Mac's Families - Page 9 Robink10
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I love seeing my grandsimmies growing up! Do you play university these days Mac or do you move them right into adulthood?
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
I love seeing my grandsimmies growing up!  Do you play university these days Mac or do you move them right into adulthood?

All my sim offspring go to univ (always Academie La Tour). They always have $1500 since they don't go until they're A+ and they get the scholarship and they have an inheritance bank account of $15000. I use familyfunds to bump their current up to ~$2500-$3000 so they can rent a house. I use a hack to play only the final semester and then they launch into adulthood with 5-6 want slots.

(The sims univ was really oriented toward rah rah Mac's Families - Page 9 366915 I and most of my acquaintances were swots Mac's Families - Page 9 707984 Thus no particular love for Sims2 univ. Academie La Tour has no frats which is why I picked it  Mac's Families - Page 9 12612  - also I really didn't enjoy my teen years so the offspring tend to go from child to teen to YA in about a day)

Sheesh! What a party pooper! Mac's Families - Page 9 971462
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 4:35 am

Ha ha! I speed up the pregnancy and toddler phases (once I get pictures)...I enjoy playing teen and Uni for them to make friends and develop relationships and skills, so once they get to adulthood, they have an advantage.

I'm still loathe to age my simmes to elders...not because of them being older, but because the transition from adult, to hunched, graying elder with bad knees and a cough, is so quick! verklempt I tend to use middle-aged make-up on adults first and then when I first age them up, I use non-gray hairs and eyebrows for a while, and even adult clothes that are converted to elder, so they don't look like it's time to send them off to a home! laughin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mac's Families   Mac's Families - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mac's Families
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next