Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

SIMply Schmoozin'

Go down 
+25
dsmbear
Aaroneous
twerplina
SandySimmer
Ullwera
Simply Simful
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
beckylynn2109
LeeRain
mac
Astral Faery
WittyKitty
ilikefishfood
Strify
AdriannaSimmie
Sphinx
Hobbes
MARTHA!
Caleb_71
Meilyn
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
SimEm

SimEm

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:37 pm

Quote :
Let the computer die, then upgrade it.

I think that's what I did. Mine just happened to die off before TS2 came out, so I shopped for my new computer with TS2 in mind. I maybe didn't make the best choice going with my laptop. I probably could have found something else that would have ran the game better, but I really can't bring myself to buy a new computer when the one I have still works alright.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:46 pm

I was actually shopping around for a new computer a few weeks ago. Told my mom and Phil both. If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now. Me and my BIG mouth.

But, in the end, it boils down to what I said, let the computer die. This computer is totally upgradable. I could get 16GB of memory. A PCI-Express video card. Blah, blah blah. But, where I got it, the guy closed up shop, so I'm stuck.

I was just anxious to add a few more EP's
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 6:52 am

What specs does your comp have?

I have Sims 2 on 4x comps at the moment, with another sitting waiting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:25 pm

I have an AMD Sempron 1.81GHz. In Pentium, that comes out to 3.2GHz.

512MB of memory. But, since my video card is integrated, I only have 442MB of memory.

My video card is a NVIDA GeFore 6100 NForce 405 256MB.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 am

OMG my web surfing comp is faster than that, an AMD LE1620 (2.4Ghz) with 2Gb of RAM. Don't waste money on it, upgrade son, upgrade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 4:46 am

I'm getting a new one in about a month or so.

I've been shopping around. I did find a nice one. HP with 8GB of ram. NVida GeForce9100 video card 256MB of memory. But, if I need it, I have access to 1.4GB more memory. The video card is integrated. 500GB Hard drive space.

I'm keeping that one on the back burner in case I find something better.

Forgot, it has an AMD chip. Can't remember what it's called, but it starts with a P.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:20 am

You will need a 64 bit Operating system to be able to use more than 3Gb of RAM. Just throwing more RAM at it is useless, unless the programs you run can use it.

Onboard (intergrated) graphics is a bit slow, a dedicated card is a better solution.

The AMD chip would be a Phenom.

Ever thought about ordering the parts and building it yourself?

I started building my own in 2002, probably have built over a hundred since then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:37 am

I'm running Windows XP at 64bit now. My motherboard can hold up to 16GB of memory. If I wanted to get a video card, I can install a PCI-Express card. I've got a slot for that.

I don't know the first thing about putting a computer together. I can put memory in. I can install a video card. I can install disk drives. That's about it.

I didn't know that an onboard video card is slower. I learned something new.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:13 am

Have a look at this page, it will give you an idea of where different graphics cards lie in the scheme of things, although it is not updated to the latest available.

That is about what I could do as well. My first build took 4 hours before I started it up and loaded the Operating System, I triple checked everything and then checked some more.

I run Vista 64 bit and there is no difference between 4Gb and 6Gb of RAM with the programs I run.

The latest Nvidia onboard is getting good, but still no where near a dedicated card.

If you can run 16Gb of RAM, your board can't be to old. If you don't know what it is use CPU-Z, install it and it will tell you which motherboard you have, then go to the manufacturer's site and see what you can update your CPU to for that motherboard. You might only need to update the CPU to something faster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:21 am

Thank you for all the information Russ.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:33 am

No problem, I'm not just a pretty face.< ;)
Back to top Go down
MARTHA!

MARTHA!

PostSubject: Saying Thanks   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:53 pm

Hey wanted to say thanks, Sugah. I just got some incredible walls, I feel like a kid in a candy store. I'd like to offer you a house as a thanks for the godies...hmmm... how about a lovely little vintage 1945? When I get it done I'll shoot you some pics and see if you want it, if not, I will put it at Tempted Sims or at Sapphire Sims since I design for both. And if this is in the wrong spot..just scoot her over somewhere else. ;)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Thank you so much, Martha. I'm glad you like my walls.
I've been meaning to get back over to Tempted Sims, but can not open the site on this puter. I can only visit on my secondary one for some reason.
Not sure why yet.

I will send you a PM about the little vintage house you'd like to offer to Sugah's Place.
How kind of you! SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 344738
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
MARTHA!

MARTHA!

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Sounds great, waiting to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 6:17 pm

Martha, I am very happy to have received your lovely little abode as a gift submission to Sugah's Place and am looking forward to featuring it early next week.

Thank you so much. I appreciate it and am grateful.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 926631wcqg29njms
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Emily, remember these???
I just revisted our Roomies Adventure thread and had to share these Simsib moments in time with you.

Simsibs Joie and Emily schmoozing over wedding cake @ Ari and Keegan's wedding.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 Snapshot_b386d774_f43788d3

Sean's wedding. I love this one, Em!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 Snapshot_b386d774_f40e7892

When Sean was about to move out, the three oldest sisters ran to bid him adieu.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 Snapshot_b386d774_3416584c

Check out Em's moves. Yeah, baby,she's HOT!

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 Snapshot_b386d774_140c6882

I sure enjoyed our Roomies project, Emily. I believe it was some of the most fun I've had Simming that I can remember.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:21 am

That does bring back memories! Wow, our sims had a lot of fun in your game. I wish I had taken the time to make my simsibs as close as yours were. That was a fun time and a fun project. I really enjoyed when we all played the same sims together.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 11:57 am

Quote :
Wow, our sims had a lot of fun in your game ... That was a fun time and a fun project. I really enjoyed when we all played the same sims together.

It was a blast, Em. I meant it when I said it was probably the most fun I had Simming that I could remember.
Most of us that participated were regulars & pretty close over at PTS back then. I think that's what made it extra special...that we'd all established a closeness before we decided to become Simsibs together. Don't you think that was a big part of it?

I'd love to do that sort of project again someday with those we've developed friendships with here at Sugah's or Basic. I really would.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: You know what I was remembering this morning???   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Remember how we could purchase a turkey in Sims 1 and when it came time to carve it, everyone and their brother showed up from the 'hood and applauded the chef? laughin
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:02 pm

Ha, that was a fun challenge! If I remember correctly, you had me marry a very attractive person in your challenge, Sugah.

--

Lately, I find myself not enjoying The Sims 3. For whatever reason, my serial code is not working, so I can't download anything from the website. I can't post my problem in the help forums of the website, because in order to do that, you need to have your game registered using the serial code, which isn't working! It's making me lose my mind, as if I wasn't already stressed enough!

The thing I miss most about The Sims 2 is, and this is a very weird thing to miss, but I miss memories. I don't know why, but I always liked looking at the memories that my sims used to have. I don't know, it made them feel more alive.

I also am not liking the way the sims looks in the Sims 3. It's really hard to make a good looking sim, because all of their faces look pudgy. I can't really make their bodies look good either. It's really nice to be able to fully customize everything, and this is a great thing about the game, but it's getting very tiring after playing it for so long. Ugh!

(sorry to bump this thread)
Back to top Go down
http://hobbes.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:27 pm

I created a Sim in Sims 3 and I slimmed his face down so it didn't look pudgy. All you have to do is, click on, Advanced. Lots more options.

The body sliders work better than you think. I created a Slim BodyBuilder type. I was so overjoyed!

I just sat here one day and just started clicking on everything I could find.

In the end, I'm still attached to my Sims 2.

Sims 3 has way too many problems. I think once they get their poop in a group and get something right for a change, then maybe I'll spend more time with it.
Back to top Go down
Hobbes

Hobbes

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 12:50 am

I also find a lot of other things wrong with the face. I know how to make the faces look non-pudgy, but at the end of the day they never look as good as they did in The Sims 2. I don't know why, just my opinion.

I agree with you, I think I'll enjoy the game much more once better patches come out. I've heard that recent patches to the game causes extra problems, which a patch should not do.

I've also noticed that the highest fast forward button doesn't make the time go by very fast. I installed a patch that said it would make it go faster, and it goes a little bit faster, but still way too slow for my liking. It takes forever every night waiting for the morning to come.
Back to top Go down
http://hobbes.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:36 am

I find lots of things wrong with their faces too. That smile/smirk you cannot get rid of. The empty, lifeless, hollow, zombie-like eyes...........

My clock works perfectly. Just like it does in Sims 2. When they're sleeping, time just flies by.

I swore I would never buy Sims 3. I almost took a blood oath. But, when I got the new computer, I picked it up on sale. I'm still lucky I go near it.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Yes, you remember correctly, Sean. SeanSim DID marry a blonde beauty.
I can't remember what her name was for the life of me now, but here she is on your engagement & wedding days.

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 Snapshot_b386d774_54098c28

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 Snapshot_b386d774_340d8542

I am sorry you're having issues with your TS3 serial number.
Now that there are so many Sims 3 websites, can you not find some terrific downloads elsewhere, other than the main site?
At least, until you get it worked it?

You know, you're not the first person who has commented about missing memories. It seems others feel that way as well.
I never pay much attention to them in TS2, but I know many do.

Please don't apologize for bumping up this thread, Sean. I am glad you did.
Schmoozing about all things Sims is what this forum is all about. I love you

Oh, and Ed, I NEVER thought I'd see the day when you'd start playing Sims 3 or creating for the game. WOAH!
There isn't a thing anyone could say to get me to switch over. I've yet to see a single TS3 Sim I think is even halfway attractive! laughin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:23 pm

I've messed around with it a few times.......

This is a very bad recreation of me.....
SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 D4d3fbe7

This is a Sim I made. He was part of my SIMply Christmas 2009 downloads.
SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 70b7e411

SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 D560378d
The hair and outfit were done by me using that Create-A-Style thingie.

Whatever you do to the hair, the eyebrows and facial hair take on the same exact properties.

I gave him grey roots. You can see it in the pictures.

That's about all I've done other than working on a request for someone.

Speaking of requests...You should see this request I got and who requested it.

I about fell over..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin'
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next