Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

SIMply Schmoozin'

Go down 
+25
dsmbear
Aaroneous
twerplina
SandySimmer
Ullwera
Simply Simful
Grykon
butterflyunion
Jayce
beckylynn2109
LeeRain
mac
Astral Faery
WittyKitty
ilikefishfood
Strify
AdriannaSimmie
Sphinx
Hobbes
MARTHA!
Caleb_71
Meilyn
Hunter
SimEm
Sugah
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 10:27 am

This is a thread to share most anything concerning the  SIMply Schmoozin' 628662 .

Just want to schmooze about the game? Have some cool screenshots you'd like to post?
Learn anything new you'd like to pass on to our members?
Find an amazing download you'd like to share with us all?

Please feel free to do so here!

Last edited by Sugah on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
SimEm

SimEm

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:13 am

I love the titles too! I'll have to come up with something to contribute to the schmoozathon. laughin

That's so neat how you have your favorite sims that are always in your game. I get too caught up in living out their lives and I feel like I have to let them grow old naturally and move on to other sims. It's really nice that they become like Sugah said "familiar old friends."

I had to sort out some issues with my game. I had a couple of sims that were stuck and unable to do anything on their own. It turned out the dorm style doors in their house was causing a problem. There are a couple of sims I've had around for ever and just recreated them in a new hood. I'm trying to figure out how to just play the game, just for fun again. It's been too long.
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:56 am

Quote :
I'll have to come up with something to contribute to the schmoozathon!

I'd love it, if you would, Em. (I welcome every opportunity to say the word "schmooze", btw. laughin)

Quote :
There are a couple of sims I've had around for ever and just recreated them in a new hood.
I'm trying to figure out how to just play the game, just for fun again.

You know, my original family was Vinnie and Sophie Rigatoni. I've been wanting to recreate them, Sophie's parents (Nana Josie and Papa Dom Vermicelli) and a whole
new hood (with names of Italian food/drink, just like before). I keep on saying I'm going to do it, but I never seem to get around to it.
(I wonder if I still have an old pic of them from the original Sims game and hood...probably not...I've lost so much data these past two years.)

I hope you have fun with your old, familiar Sims in their new hood, Em. Keep us posted!

And I know what you mean about just wanting to play for the sake of the game and enjoying it again ... sometimes we forget how, we're so busy with our Sims projects!

One of the most fun projects we ever did over at PTS forum was our Roomies Adventure. From this group here @ Sugah's, Em, Bwin and Ari all participated.

Here are a couple of my fave screenshots from that project ...

SIMply Schmoozin' Snapshot_b386d774_f40e7892

That's AriSim on the left and EmSim on the right. SugahSim is in the background, also busting a move, in the peach. We were all siblings in the game.
The fella next to SugahSim is SeanSim, our only brother.

SIMply Schmoozin' Snapshot_b386d774_138c65bc

SteveSim absolutely adored EmSim from the start.

SIMply Schmoozin' Snapshot_b386d774_b3a4eedf

The feelings were inevitably quite mutual, though SteveSim DID have quite a bit of competition for EmSim.

SIMply Schmoozin' Snapshot_b386d774_33894de6

Everytime AriSim and SugahSim returned home from their jobs in the Culinary field, they did this.
I always got such a big kick out of it each time.

More to come ...
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Schmooze is a great word! And schmoozathon is even better!!! SIMply Schmoozin' 598258

Talk about some old familiar friends. That's fun to see us all again. All of the simsibs are still living in my challenge hood. I recently edited EmSim and SteveSim in Bodyshop to make them look a little better. The New Em is in my avvy here, NewSteve is not in the game yet. I wonder how many simbabies we'd end up having together now that I have ACR in my game . . . laughin

The sims I moved to a new hood recently (or am in the process of moving) are my Arrendale Heights sims. I'm making them with families this time. Back when I was playing TS1 I actually played them and made them have kids, so I kind of want to just play them again. But I don't trust the game to make their kids look good if they're born in game and I already know how many kids and what gender I want them to have, so I used the CAS make a baby tool and generated the kids that way. Then used Simpe to extract them so I could use them again in CAS or bodyshop. I actually moved them into another neighborhood before, but I cheated and aged them up and just made them socialize and nothing else, so I'm starting over and playing them properly this time. So far I've only moved in two families. I'll share some pictures in a thread of my own sometime, if that wouldn't be giving too much of the story away. I'm still trying to decide if that would be or not. At this point, I think it probably doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:01 am

I'm glad you liked the title!

First thing that popped into my head.

You know, TJ & Charles and Michael & Vittorine are old familiar friends to me. I'm greedy and selfish with them. I refuse to let them grow old, and I refuse to let Michael and Vittorine get married and have kids.

To me, right now, they're perfect. They're madly in love with each other. Which is the way I want them. Eventually, I'll let Charles move in with TJ, but not now. He does spend a night or two there. Vittorine might spend a night with Michael. Haven't tried it yet.

This is TJ and Charles from a day or two ago. That's the Coffee shirt.
SIMply Schmoozin' 49fea824

Does anybody know what this is?!!?
SIMply Schmoozin' 52140969
I'll have teleporter pictures when I go back in game.
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:15 am

Teleporter Pictures!

I did one at night and one during the day so you could see the effects.

This is TJ being teleported at night.
SIMply Schmoozin' E25a1679

He looks mad!
SIMply Schmoozin' B23a4b55

Teleport completion
SIMply Schmoozin' 204b772c

During the day, I used Charles
SIMply Schmoozin' Cfd316b0

He didn't do anything. I think it's because he's not part of the household yet.
SIMply Schmoozin' E3bcd51b

There's two different teleporter's. They are animated. They make electronic sounds and they "talk" with thought bubbles.

Last edited by SIMply Edward on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 8:19 am

And, a few pictures of TJ and Charles.

A conversation gone bad.
SIMply Schmoozin' E081022e

But they did make up
SIMply Schmoozin' Fa938c62

Priceless.
SIMply Schmoozin' 12f98c80
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:38 am

Em, if you like schmooze (to talk socially, network, shoot the breeze), you might like some of my other favorite Yiddish words ...
I have no doubt many of us will recognize a few of these.

From Bubby's Yiddish Dictionary:

Shlep: haul, carry, drag, either something or oneself
"I schlepped all the way up to Em's place, and she wouldn't even answer the door."

Shmear: dollop, smear (n or v)
"I'll have a bagel with a shmear of cream cheese."

Shmootz: (rhymes with "foots") dirt, filth.
"Here. Come closer. You have a little shmootz on your face.."

Shpiel: Colloquially, a story, a sales pitch, a speech.
"Don't give me the whole shpiel. Just bottom line it for me."

Mishuggah: crazy, nuts, loony-tunes, bats in the belfry
"She's setting sale for the Pacific with Hurricane Nightmare blowing threw? She really is mishuggah."

Nosh: snack, nibble.
"Come over tonight, dahling. We'll nosh til we burst"

Bubbellah: (the "u" is pronounced like the "oo" in book) an affectionate way of refering to someone, much like "darling" or "sweetheart."

IRT -

Okay, back to the subject at hand (just had to share those with you for kicks and giggles SIMply Schmoozin' 598258)

SimEm wrote:
Talk about some old familiar friends. That's fun to see us all again.

It is, isn't it? I am so saddened that I lost them all. Last time my main puter died, I lost all data, including our Simsibs along with everything else. verklempt
I love your new and improved SimEm and would love to see the new and improved SteveSim one day, too.

Quote :
I already know how many kids and what gender I want them to have, so I used the CAS make a baby tool and generated the kids that way. Then used Simpe to extract them so I could use them again in CAS or bodyshop.

Clever! SIMply Schmoozin' 21650

Quote :
I'll share some pictures in a thread of my own sometime...

Need I say I would absolutely love it if you'd do so, Em.

I managed to find a screenshot of Vinnie and Sophie Rigatoni. According to the image, they had Joey, their oldest at the time.
But I'm thinking this Rigatoni family might've been one I had to recreate, due to a game crash - lost everything deal" (which seemed to happen more often than I'd care to remember with TS1).

I was very excited to find it, as I think it's the only one that exists now.

SIMply Schmoozin' VinnieSophieRigatoni

My very first and most beloved Simfam EVER back in autumn of 2000!!!

Ed, thank you for sharing all the wonderful screenshots of TJ and Charles. I always enjoy seeing those two.
That teleporter looks way cool. I really do have to try it.

Lord, TJ is one big freakin' gay snack with whipped cream and a cherry on top, dahling! :droolin\':
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:42 am

That's My Two Guys!

In the last picture, Priceless, you can just look at them and see their admiration for each other. Well, I can. Like I said, TJ has a tiny bit of me in him. He's quiet but aggresive. Charles is the polar opposite. Friendly, outgoing always happy. You can see the happy with Charles smiling.

WOW! A picture from Sims 1. Did that bring back a flood of memories. I kept playing the Sims until I think the Seasons EP came out. That's about the time I switched to Sims 2.

Love the words....I'll have to copy them down and memorize them.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 pm

I think TJ just looks hot in that shirtless picture that you described as a mad look. And I can see the mutual admiration in the last photo too. Very sweet!

Those words are great. I think I've actually heard all of them before. Most of them from TV shows like The Nanny probably. lol

Quote :
"I schlepped all the way up to Em's place, and she wouldn't even answer the door."

That example is too true. I don't answer my door. Usually because it's some yahoo neighbor looking for my husband. Or maybe I should say mushuggah neighbor. lol But I would open the door if it was you Sugah, especially if you had to schlep all the way over. laughin

That TS1 picture brings back memories for me too. I don't know how many times I used those faces in my game back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm actually lovin' that first pic, where Charles gets dipped by TJ. Tres romantique, mon cher!
They seem to be completely enamoured with one another, Ed.

I thought the same thing as both of you, Em and Ed ... the Sims 1 screenshot brought back so many memories of Simming days gone by.
Remember how little control over the camera we had to pan around and see different angles of the screen back then?
When I would go between playing TS1 and TS2, I constantly had to readjust to the TS1 camera angle limitations.

I think many of us have heard those yiddish words before, whether in a sitcom (The Nanny ... good one, Em) or in any number of movies or tv shows.
And, of course, if you're from the east coast, like I am ... you here those words in most neighborhoods, too.
Anyhoo, I get a big kick out of those words.

Quote :
Or maybe I should say mushuggah neighbor. lol But I would open the door if it was you Sugah, especially if you had to schlep all the way over.

Priceless, Em! I love it! :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Ed - the love is quite obvious between your two guys. I had to laugh at the "fight" picture - no explanation was needed! laughin

Sugah -

I had to share your list of Jewish words there with Brian.

I actually quizzed him and he got them all right!!!

The firm that he works in is 90% Jewish staff. laughin So no wonder he aced the quiz!!

A funny story about shopping with him, my sister and niece yesterday. My niece was looking at snazzy cell phone covers at one of those kiosk things and this guy "tried on" a pretty hot pink one. She loved it. She then asked "How much?" The guy told her $20. My niece looked at us and said, "I can get it in Lincoln for $10." So the salesguy was like - "I'll let you have it for $15." Taylor looked at us again and said, "No, I'll wait and get it in Lincoln for $10." HE SOLD IT TO HER FOR $!0!!!! So she gave him the $10 and we all walked off with her snazzy hot pink plated cell phone.

After we got about 50 feet away - Brian started joking with her that he was going to take her to Mexico to do some bargaining. They were talking and discussing the cell phone cover place in Lincoln. Taylor admitted that in Lincoln - they were also $20. We were all like....
Then she said, "I know how much they pay for those things and I watch the news - everyone's willing to deal because of the economy right now and if that thing was really worth $20 - he wouldn't have sold it to me for $10."

We started laughing and Brian started calling her Goldberg, because working with a lot of Jewish people he's learned they can be VERY good negotiators.

I thought it was pretty funny and crafty of the kid.

As for the Sims 1 picture........I actually had forgotten what they looked like. I never had any Sims 1 that I was so attached to like Sims 2. I LOVE my Sims 2 Sims.
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:23 am

Way to go, Taylor Goldberg! Quite the negotiator! SIMply Schmoozin' 868736
Thank you for sharing that story with us, Hunter.

I was very attached to so many of my Sims 1 Sims, but am even moreso with my Sims 2 Sims.
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 am

That's a great story, Hunter!

I've done my bit of haggling at a few different places myself. My dad taught me. But, that is a great story. I love it!

I was never attached to my Sims 1. Like everybody else, it's the Sims 2 Sims that got me.
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:20 pm

What was it about Sims 1?

I enjoyed it when it was new - but it quickly wore off and I NEVER got attached to my Sims.

I remember 2 of my first Sims 2 families and desperately wished I had pictures.

One of the families were the Fincannons. A single father living with his 3 sons and his adult brothers. It was William, Patrick, Michael and John. I remember Patrick was a player and John was a really good, wholesome cop. William was in the military and for the life of me I can not remember his sons names other than Brett. The other family were the Kanes. It was Elizabeth, the mother and her grown sister Heidi and Elizabeth's 3 teen daughters - Kylie, Rainy and Bridget. As you can guess - Elizabeth Kane met William Fincannon - and they merged their families a la Brady Bunch style. laughin It's funny because when I started playing them - I don't think I intended on having a Brady Bunch. I miss them and the simplicity of playing just to play.
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Isn't it amazing what we can remember about our original Sims family, when we start thinking about them, Hunter?
I enjoyed hearing about your TS1 "Brady Bunch" fam. You remembered all of their names, too!

Ever since I found that screenshot of Vinnie and Sophie, I've been so wanting to recreate the Rigatonis and my Italian neighborhood (Terrabella).
I remember Sophie had a twin sister named Loretta. Sophie and Loretta's maiden name was Vermicelli.
Their parents were Papa Dom and Nana Josie Vermicelli.
Very late in life, Papa Dom and Nana Josie had Mia, their youngest.

Loretta (Sophie's twin) married Tony Manicotti and had twins, Frankie and Josie (named fter her nana).
Vinnie Rigatoni had a brother named Frankie. He had a fabulous, bright, wonder dog named Sonny, who rather resembled a Great Dane.

I have some pics of these families and just may post them in the near future!!!
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:59 pm

When I got the Original Sims, first thing I did was create a neighborhood of my family and friends. With the limited resources at the time. I even included my cat as Sim. I named him, Gizmo Katz. Gizmo was his name, and he was a cat.....Then when Unleashed came out, I created him as a cat. And, his owner was himself.

Gizmo Katz had a cat named, Gizmo.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:15 am

Quote :
Gizmo was his name, and he was a cat.....Then when Unleashed came out, I created him as a cat. And, his owner was himself.
Gizmo Katz had a cat named, Gizmo.

laughin I love it, Ed! Thank you for sharing! SIMply Schmoozin' 598258

I've decided to share some of my beloved Sims 1 families. I sometimes forget I started a blog years ago called Sugah Sims World.
It's still up and on it I've shared many screenshots of the original game (in addition to other Sims stuff, of course).

The Vermicellis - Nana Josie, Papa Dom and Mia

SIMply Schmoozin' Vermicellis_reading

Lola Linguine and Archimedes

SIMply Schmoozin' Lolaandarchimedes0

Frankie Rigatoni and Sonny the Wonder Pup

SIMply Schmoozin' Rigatoni_10_0012

Zoie Fusilli and Merlin

SIMply Schmoozin' Fusilli_3_00120

It's so wild to look at images of TS1 after all this time. SIMply Schmoozin' 12612
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:31 pm

WOW!

To see pictures of a Sims 1 game is wild.

I honestly don't have any pictures. Never really got into picture taking until Sims 2. But, I do have my entire Sims1 game zipped up on my harddrive. If the urge ever strikes to play it, which I doubt, it'll be all ready for me.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 6:40 pm

I still have all my old Sims 1 discs as well, Ed. They're downloaded into my dinosaur of a laptop!
It really is a trip to look at Sims 1 screenshots. The game appeared so DIFFERENTLY than TS1, didn't it?
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:55 pm

Very much so. The difference is like night and day.

The one thing I really didn't like was, how you had to cycle through all the heads/faces to find the "right one" I had so freaking many of them I got confused. I couldn't remember what went with what.

I lost my Makin' Magic disk so I ended up buying the complete collection. All the other ones I still have.

They still leave interesting, lasting memories.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 am

I looked for my CD where I saved my sims 1 files after reading this thread to see if I had any pictures of my old sims, but nothing showed up on my disc. No I wonder if it's not formatted for my computer or something. I hope it's still on there.

I was more sporadic about how I played TS1. I would play it a lot for awhile and then go a long time without playing at all and then pick it up for awhile again. With TS2, I've been playing almost constantly since I got the game (except when I'm too busy with other things going on in life). It seems like there's always something to do or some goal to meet. It just never gets stagnant like TS1 sometimes did.

I defintely do not miss scrolling through all those faces or outfits to make a sim. Changing clothes in game was a huge ordeal, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Meilyn

Meilyn

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 6:09 pm

I have the sims complete collection and I never really got into the whole custom content till Sims 2.. but my first family was my own.. I wish I had pics still but due to the comp here having to be reformatted.. I lost all that T_T
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 am

I was real late in getting Makin' Magic, and by the time I FINALLY did and even purchased the Prima Guide for it (which was a real challenge to find at that point), my sister got the Sims 2.
I got to play hers during the time we lived with my folks (to help care for my dying father) and was HOOKED. I loved looking at the new graphics. They were so awesome to behold after TS1.

However, I didn't have a puter to accomodate TS2 for what seemed like ages, so the game stayed in a drawer til February, two years ago, when hubby gave me a new puter for Valentine's Day. SIMply Schmoozin' 508493

I didn't remember having to scroll through outfits and all that crappola til you both mentioned it, Ed and Em. Verrrry tedious ... we're spoiled now!
Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:53 am

Yes, we are spoiled!

My last computer died on me and when I had a new one built, I asked for more memory and a better video card. That was the only way I could play Sims 2 and I'm still limited.

I just can't see myself spending the extra money to upgrade a computer just to play a game. Let alone spending even more money paying for the game. I don't see the sense in it.

Let the computer die, then upgrade it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SIMply Schmoozin' Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIMply Schmoozin'   SIMply Schmoozin' Empty

Back to top Go down

SIMply Schmoozin'
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next