Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.

Go down 
+2
Aaroneous
mac
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Earlier in this thread, Mac made mention:

Quote :
I'll just have to keep the helicopter in mind when moving in Business, Politics, and Military Sims.

So, you are correct, Aaron.
I don't know if the chopper arrives in any of the later careers (that came with Seasons? Or Freetime?).
Sorry I can't be of more help.
I checked my Prima Guide and it doesn't make mention of WHICH vehicle transports to and from work at the top of our Sims' careers (level 10).

Quote :
So while I am in the game I'll see if I can determine which careers use the helicopter.

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 21650 

Quote :
...the mod would only work with EA/Maxis careers...
I'll say right now I probably wouldn't be willing to update each custom career...

Understood! And I'd be quite happy with such a mod, truth be told.  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 687310

Quote :
I can release instructions on how to update them. Updating them is pretty simple, Since all it requires is changeling two numbers. 

Woot! YESSS! Sounds too good (aka easy  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 97206 ) to be true!  dancintrio 

Thank you, in advance, and DO keep us posted, Aaron.  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 868736

Added later @ 10:05 am on 6/26/2014:

I found this info this morning:

SimsWiki wrote:
Sims who reach the top level of the Business, Military, Politics, Show Business or Paranormal careers will have a helicopter as their carpool.

I'm assuming this is accurate?  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 553217
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Your information is correct Sugah, I just finished looking over all the careers(including teen and pet careers) and the ones I found were the ones You mentioned.

I have gathered up the resources needed to modify those career carpools. All that has to be done is deciding what to replace their carpools with. I've been thinking about that and I was thinking the Military carpool could use the Military style hummer. The Business, Politics, and Show Business carpools could use the Limo. I am not sure about the Paranormal carpool, Maybe the high end sports car.

Nothing is concrete yet, I am just putting out suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Sorry for not posting sooner, But RL decided to rear it's head. Everything should be back to normal for now.
Anyways I now have made a  mod to remove the helicopter from Maxis based careers. Below I will post images of the new carpools.

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 ShowBusinessCarpool2_zps7dd30f8b
Show Business

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 ParanormalAndBusinessCarPool2_zpsa1754006
Paranormal and Business

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 MilitaryCarpool2_zpsaa81a88e
Military

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 PoliticsCarpool2_zps911ed110
Politics

And here is the mod for anybody that wants it http://www.mediafire.com/download/krb23sfd5pz3mh3/TinyLots_FriendlyCarPools.zip. The mod does not require any expansions or stuff packs to work.

I think that's everything, Let me know if I forgot anything.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Cool!  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 534790 Now if there just was a hack to allow the moving van to show up at our house a few days earlier. (I think our lot is wide enough  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 97206 )

I sorta like the helicopter, but when I have my 'puter back, I'm going to install the fix. (I also like small lots)
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 7:10 pm

I myself I think the Helicopter is fine. But the one thing that drives me crazy about them every time is that if any sim is outside when the it appears they feel the need to cover their ears.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 10:46 am

I rather like the helicopter, too.
The Sims holding their ears due to the noise, doesn't bother me, 'cause I'm thinkin' I'd be coverin' MINE, if a helicopter landed in front of my house!  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 97206 

But like Mac, I play with small lots quite a bit.
I rather like the 1 x 1 and 1 x 2 mini residential lots by MaryLou.  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 940149 
So, it's GREAT to have a mod like the one you've created, Aaron.
My Ben Spencer of Tres Lagos lives on a 1 x 2 mini lot with his fiancee and is currently a Judge. I haven't allowed him to get a promotion to Mayor, because I feared the helicopter issue.

I really like the vehicles you have chosen as the alternative ride, Aaron.
Question 1: Will the stretch limo fit on a frontage 1 lot? You've tested it on a mini lot?
Question 2: Will the chopper continue to p/up Sims when NOT living on a frontage 1 lot w/ your mod installed?

Thank you for creating the Tiny Lots: Friendly Car Pools mod.  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 1347917903
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 11:05 am

Sugah wrote:
Question 1: Will the stretch limo fit on a frontage 1 lot? You've tested it on a mini lot?

Sugah, The stretch limo works fine on a lot of frontage 1.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 11:21 am

Good to know, Mac! Thank you!!!  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 344738 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:22 pm

I took a snapshot of Judge Ben Spencer going to work in his stretch limo to show what Mac had confirmed earlier.
The stretch limo DOES, indeed, arrive on tiny lots (the Bradshaw-Spencer lot is a 1 x 2 mini).

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 BradshawLimo_zpsdf455e80

Aaron, now all I need to know is the answer to my second query before I download your new mod! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Sugah no matter the size of the lot the helicopter will be replaced with the car I chose. Sadly I am not 100% positive if it's possible to detect the size of the lot. I'll do some research into it and let You know.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Oh, good to know, Aaron. Thank you for getting back with me right away on this.
I am currently playing the Bradshaw-Spencer lot and Ben is now a Senator.
I haven't installed your mod yet, as I wanted to know if it would affect ALL of the lots before I did.

If you learn whether there is a way to detect the size of a lot, that'd be great.
I'm not sure I want to take away the chopper as an option for my regular size lots...  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 62525

Last edited by Sugah on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
twerplina

twerplina

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 am

Thanks for the mod, Aaron. I have a set of 1x3 lots that I placed in the shopping district and I know the mod will come in handy.

I knew there was the helicopter mod problem with narrow lots like these, but I hadn't realized that they can only accommodate two vehicles simultaneously. One (sim) morning I was expecting both the carpool and a school bus. However, only the bus appeared and it wasn't until it had left that the carpool showed up. I then realized it's the lot size that prevents it. At least I know now just to wait, or else have the sim walk to work.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Karen wrote:
...but I hadn't realized that they can only accommodate two vehicles simultaneously. One (sim) morning I was expecting both the carpool and a school bus. However, only the bus appeared and it wasn't until it had left that the carpool showed up. I then realized it's the lot size that prevents it. At least I know now just to wait, or else have the sim walk to work.

This is good to know for those of us who enjoy building on mini lots, Karen!

ThanksforSharing 

Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 1:20 am

While I was indeed correct that there is no way to detect the size of the lot... I do have anther idea. My idea being having some sort of object that You could place on the lot. Clicking on the object would have a interaction to mark the lot as a small lot, Of course You would have to do that for each lot that is a small lot. But it would allow You to still use the helicopters on lots You want to. Once You marked the lot as a small lot You could safely remove the object from the lot.

At this time it's only an idea, But it's definitely something I am thinking about.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:02 am

Interesting idea, Aaroneous! No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 940149 I do like the narrow lots and, alas, some of the careers that have helicopters (but Pirates??? wtf) I'm currently putting the "No Burglars" sign on all of my lots as I activate them. A "Narrow Lot" marker would be a good idea, too. I'm not currently using your helicopter replacement hack as I don't want to give up helicopters just yet. I'm trying to be careful what careers I put on the narrow lots. The Maxis ones I have pretty well scoped out, but 3rd party ones can still cause surprises.

For your work in all of this... No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 243713
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Another difficulty with lots of width 1. Say mom and dad and a child live in such a lot. Both mom and dad leave for work, and the child leaves for school at 8:00. It may be the case that one parent has to stay home. So, say, mom goes out to the ride, but the ride stays waiting for dad until almost 9, and the school bus may not come at all. The kid has to walk to school (actually, in RL I did, or rode my bike). The whole constellation might not happen, but it did happen to one of my sim families.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 10:12 am

Aaron wrote:
My idea being having some sort of object that you could place on the lot. Clicking on the object would have a interaction to mark the lot as a small lot.

Good idea, Aaron! There are plenty of objects like that, aren't there (eg No Burglars & No Strays signs)?

Mac wrote:
I'm not currently using your helicopter replacement hack as I don't want to give up helicopters just yet. I'm trying to be careful what careers I put on the narrow lots.

Ditto. Same here!

Mac wrote:
The whole constellation might not happen, but it did happen to one of my sim families.

I can definitely see how that could happen on a mini lot, Mac.
Good point and something to look out for!   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 584675  
I do so enjoy playing mini lots and don't intend on giving them up anytime soon.
But the comings and goings of the Sim fams who live on them can get a bit tricky sometimes!  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 12612
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:09 pm

It can happen on any size lots Mac. I have had cases where there were three vehicles that try to appear on the lot at the same time and one usually ends up not appearing(it depends on the size of the vehicles).

I only know of a couple objects like that Sugah. One being the Anti Burglar sign, The other being the Anti Social Worker sign. There may be others but those are the ones I am aware of.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Add the Maxis career Show Business to those which have a helicopter come at the highest level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2