Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.

Go down 
+2
Aaroneous
mac
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mac

mac

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. Empty
PostSubject: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 4:02 pm

I've had some problems with sims getting to the top of their career in business and politics and living on a 1xn (or is it nx1) lot. Anyway, a lot with street frontage 1. When it comes time for them to go to work, nothing arrives. If they then walk to work, they never come home. Can helicopters arrive on a lot with frontage 1? Could that be the problem? I'd appreciate any feedback on this.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 pm

I have never used a lot that small... But it does sound like to me that there may not be enough room for the helicopter. Have You tried enabling testingcheats(debug)? That could possibly tell You more about what is happening. If there is indeed a problem with the helicopter appearing. A error dialog would appear(only if the testing cheats are enabled) and tell You what the error is, It will also create a .txt file with information on what was happening at the time. The error dialog will tell You what the txt's files name is.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 am

I think it's more complicated than a simple frontage of 1. I've had a corner lot with a frontage of 1 and the helicopter arrives OK, also with lots with frontage of 1 separated from the adjacent lots. In this particular case, they're a whole bunch of lots of frontage 1 elbow to elbow. I do tend to pack my 'hood tightly and that could be part of the problem. I'll just have to keep the helicopter in mind when moving in Business, Politics, and Military sims. Also Pirates - in this custom career the top level of the pirate career travels by 'copter. I'm not sure that Jack Sparrow would approve. Arrrr!  fightinpirate 

Also, the non-Maxis career: Model (Pageant Contestant, Specialized Model, ... ,International Runway Model, World Famous Supermodel) goes to work and arrives home via 'copter at level 9.

Thanks for your help and feedback on this.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: "Walk to work" can have its problems   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:04 am

If the lot has frontage 1 and the sim goes to work via helicopter (top of business and politics careers, also top of pirate career fightinpirate No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 62525 , also levels 9 and 10 of the model career I'm using) , it may not arrive due to there being not enough room. If you miss the ride and choose "Walk to Work", the sim may never come home.

I've seen at least one occasion of a problem when a sim was "Captain Hero" - the top of the law enforcement career - he flies straight up. If you miss the one-hour window and choose to have him walk to work, he may return as just a plumb bob, otherwise invisible.
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Oooooh noooo. That's disastrous!

I play with Inge Jones' mod that turns off school and work without penalties. Simmies can still be directed to go to work and school by car or walking, but if they don't go they won't get fired or lose marks (school)...so I've not had to worry about car pools and such in years.

That sounds mighty upsetting Mac. verklempt 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:54 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
That sounds mighty upsetting Mac. verklempt 
Not only that, but it was Humphrey Bogart who turned into a floating plumb-bob! affraid 
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Okay.  I'm going to make a suggestion, which is pretty much what I'd do in this situation.

First, back up your neighbourhood (you can use SimPe or just make a copy of your neighbourhoods folder onto your desktop or somewhere)

Enter the lot where he lives, and using the 'move objects on' cheat use his plumbbob to locate him and pick him up and delete him.  Yes, delete him.  This can be done.  Save and exit the lot.  When you re-enter, deleted sims appear at the mailbox.  Hopefully, this will reset him.

If this doesn't work, try moving the family to the lot bin.  If possible move them into a new lot that's never been lived in before (no buggies left behind).  This is another way of resetting simmies.

If none of those work, you might have to get really drastic.  I've been doing some research, and THISis one of the most knowledgeable resources I could find.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks, Toni, but when I detected the problem, I exited to the neighborhood w/o saving. That tends to be my immediate action when I detect something that isn't right. affraid   Did the same for the helicopter non-arrival problem. No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 243713
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:09 pm

So when you went back in, everything was okay then?
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:43 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
So when you went back in, everything was okay then?
Yup! No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 12612  (Since nothing had been saved)
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:56 pm

bluwhew! 
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:41 am

Glad your Sim was ok! Thanks for the heads up though! laughin 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 5:22 pm

Woah! This is good to know, Mac.
Like you, I tend to exit the game when something freaky & scary goes down.
So glad Bogart was saved from turning into the Invisible Man! No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 922586 

Toni, thank you so much for your suggestions.
I'm going to lock this thread and consider it solved!

BTW, I play with tiny 1 x 1 lots quite a bit.
The idea of Sims walking to work and never coming home ... No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 503793 

Since this thread correlates with the other on the subject, I will consider it solve, lock it, and merge the two!

ThanksforSharing
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
mac

mac

PostSubject: More on helicopters   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Sugah - this should be merged into the existing helicopter thread if possible...

Paranormal level 10 also arrive and depart via helicopter. (There might be others - I'll post as I find them)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:09 am

Thank you, Mac!

The original thread is locked.
I'll try and merge the two, but eventually this will be moved into the archived Q & A. No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 584675 
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:59 pm

A few more cautions about lots with frontage 1. They're apt to not have much of a yard - this will limit the "play" activities. Some, such as play catch, toss football, water balloon fight, snowball fight, and even swing around simply won't be possible. Don't know about snowman or snow angels.

When I have a child coming home, he/she are often in a bad mood and won't do homework. If they bring a friend home, set them to "cops and robbers" - works in any house, and you can more or less forget them for the rest of the afternoon. I have seen a "nasty" kid kick the kid that's down  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 971462  , but with no noticeable effect.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:57 pm

There is at least one Nursing career that has a "Flight Nurse" level that has a helicopter pickup
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 4:51 pm

I just completely bone-headed and forgot all about the career/helicopter issue!!!  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 85797 
I had Benjamin Spencer get engaged and move in with Alexis Bradshaw, who owns a small abode on a mini lot (1 x 2, I believe).
He is in the Politics career and currently a Judge (one promotion away from Mayor, when he'll come & go to work in a helicopter).
Dang! I guess, if he wants to stay in Politics, he'll have to remain a Judge???
I certainly don't want Ben to have to walk to work only to never return!  verklempt 

Mac wrote:
They're apt to not have much of a yard - this will limit the "play" activities. Some, such as play catch, toss football...

I was curious about this, so I had Ben invite his dad over to throw the old pig skin around a bit.
At first, when they were both in the front of the yard, the command just dropped out of the queue.
I directed them to the side of the yard where there is more room to play and voila! Doable!

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. Ben-Blake_FootballToss1x2_zpscb62f065
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:02 pm

I've found that certain "Play" actions can't be done on lots of frontage 1. You found a solution with a side yard, but some row houses don't have a side yard and at least once (I think I posted in "strange occurrences") a visitor coming home from work was trapped in between.  verklempt I think that I had a kid  that wanted to play but was in a row house. "You're no fun anymore!"  No 

I still like the row houses and lots of frontage 1 in my 'hood with its thundering herd - just have to be careful.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Mac wrote:
...a visitor coming home from work was trapped in between.

Yikes!!! No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. Nail_biter_zpsc9775eca

Quote :
I think that I had a kid  that wanted to play but was in a row house. "You're no fun anymore!"

Awww! Bummer!!! Poor kiddo! No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. Sad_zps11f4b2a6

Mac, did you have your Sims (who went to and from work in 'copters) just change careers?
I honestly can't see (Ulli's) Benjamin in anything else other than Politics (he is a Romance Sim & very outgoing/charismatic).  No
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Sugah wrote:
did you have your Sims (who went to and from work in 'copters) just change careers?

No, I usually have them change houses. (But it's a lot simpler in the Sims than in RL!  affraid)
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 5:21 pm

Quote :
...it's a lot simpler in the Sims than in RL!   affraid 

No kidding!  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 97206 
The problem is, I just finished building, decorating and recoloring a bunch of stuff for Alexis' & Ben's habitat, dang it!
I'll be bummed if I have to move them out and start the process over again. No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. Sad_zps11f4b2a6

That is, unless I can live with Ben as Judge Spencer, as opposed to the inevitable Mayor Spencer ...
Hmmm ... decisions, decisions ...  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 62525
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 8:46 pm

That's one of those things that makes me wonder what EA was thinking(if they were thinking) when they made sims always return home in a car. Having the option to have sims walk home would have made things easier.

Also while I am thinking about it... Is it only the helicopter that is causing sims to not return home? If so there may be a work around I hadn't thought about before. Put simply all careers have a vehicle for each level, With a little know how one could change what vehicle the sim rides in for the car pool.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Aaron wrote:
Put simply all careers have a vehicle for each level. With a little know how one could change what vehicle the sim rides in for the car pool.

YES!!! All we would need to find out is, WHICH Maxis careers have the helicopter as the final ride to and from work. Right?

Quote :
Is it only the helicopter that is causing sims to not return home?

This, Mac is better qualified to answer, but I'm imagining so.
I know for certain the stretch limo fits on the 1 x 1/2/3 lot, as Judge Benjamin Spencer's massive limo picks him up and drops him off on his 1 x 2 lot currently. No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 584675 

I've been trying to think of a way that Alexis (Judge Spencer's fiancee) can continue to move up in her Dance career, while the Judge does NOT get promoted. They both need only 2 friends to move up to their next career level.
I may end up having to take away some of Ben's already acquired skill points so he needs MORE than just 2 friends to be promoted.
This way, Alexis can reach the top of her Dance career (I'm assuming she won't be hitching a ride on a chopper???) and Ben can remain a Judge, rather than the Mayor or Tres Lagos...  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 940149 

Are you thinking of working on a mod that might help solve the helicopter issue on mini lots, Aaron?  No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. 266736
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. EmptyWed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Correct. As You have both said the Political career uses it for the final job level. And from what I remember I believe the Business career also uses the helicopter for the it's final level. I want to say the top of the military career also uses it, But I am not 100% sure on that one. I am thinking there's one more career that also use it, But I am not sure of which one. I am doing some test of a mod right now, So while I am in the game I'll see if I can determine which careers use the helicopter.

Sugah wrote:
Are you thinking of working on a mod that might help solve the helicopter issue on mini lots, Aaron
Possibly. The only catch would be that the mod would only work with EA/Maxis careers. Custom careers would have to be updated to do the same thing. I'll say right now I probably wouldn't be willing to update each custom career, Since each one would have to be updated separately. On the anther hand I can release instructions on how to update them. Updating them is pretty simple, Since all it requires is changeling two numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.   No helicopter on lots of frontage 1. Empty

Back to top Go down

No helicopter on lots of frontage 1.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next