Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

What's going on in Tim's game these days?

Go down 
+7
mac
SandySimmer
SimEm
Savannah94
Sugah
ilikefishfood
Grykon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Grykon

Grykon

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Well I feel somewhat accomplished today. I got Em's mesh done for her project AND I somehow (well after I figured out some issues with it so it isn't exactly like a surprise What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 99672 ) got my gift mesh for SP working! It's in the mail to Em for her to work some magic on it as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9787062/1/Future-s-Past
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Wow! That's great, Tim!
Congrats on finishing Em's mesh AND one for SP.
Thank you, in advance. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 21650 

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 366915 What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 790471 What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 366915 
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Sugah wrote:
Wow! That's great, Tim!
Congrats on finishing Em's mesh AND one for SP.
Thank you, in advance. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 21650 

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 366915 What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 790471 What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 366915 
Thank you Sugah! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 284699 
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:56 pm

You are welcome, dear man.
And now I have a tiny gift for YOU.
Please keep in mind I am still not terribly adept at working with my paint program (PSP7 - even after all these years Rolling Eyes ).
You will NOT hurt my feelings at all if you do not want to use this in your signature.
If you need my help attaching your Fan Fic page to it, I'd be happy to oblige. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 584675 

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 STVoyager_Button_Tim_zps5cbf6443.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Wowsers! That's awesome! And yes, I think I will need help! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 99672  Thank you thank you thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Do you really like it? What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 Alien
If you wish to use it as your siggy here, I can set that up for you.
Just give me the thumbs up and I'll insert your Future's Past URL.

You are most welcome, btw.
It was my pleasure and the least I could do for you, Tim.
You are such an important, devoted and loyal member of our forum fam.

I remain grateful and honored to have you here with us.

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 678648

Gonna grab some dinner and pop in a movie.
Will check back in later, good sir.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Grykon wrote:
Well besides all the mod updating and removal, I got some time to play a little, decided to run a community lot one of my simmies has and every time I went to open buy mode - outdoor - decorations the game crashed...*argh*  so some file somewhere is listed as a decoration, more specific as a outdoor decoration (didn't know I had any CC that fell into that category) is bugging...haven't a clue yet how to figure that one out.  *grumble* lol
I have a question for you: Have you added any new clothing or skin items to your game?

I ask that because there's a common problem where the groups.cache file gets corrupted and causes the game to crash at startup.

Try this: before starting your game open your My Documents/Sims 2 folder and delete the groups.cache file. If the game starts without problems then that's what's crashing your game.

The more custom content you have the easier it is for your groups.cache file to become corrupted and unusable to the point where it has to be deleted almost every time you go to start your game.

A permanent solution to the corrupted groups.cache file.

(This is for windows 7)

1: open a folder, any folder, it doesn't matter.
2: click Organize in the folder menu on the upper left corner of the folder.
3: From the drop-down menu click Folder And Search Options
4: From the popup menu click the View tab
5: in the Advanced Settings UNcheck Hide Extensions For Known File Types.
Now you can close that folder.
6: Open Notepad then close it, again. Save your new file as groups.cache. You can save it to your desktop if you like. You don't have to put anything in the text field, just save it as groups.cache
7: Right click on the Groups.cache file you just created. You'll now be able to see the extension of the file. It should say groups.cache.txt.
8: Right click on the groups cache file you just created and rename it by removing the .txt extension from the file so that it's named groups.cache instead of groups.cache.txt
9 final step: Right click on the file one more time and select properties from the pop up menu. Check the Read Only box. Open your My Documents/Sims 2 folder again, delete your old groups.cache file and replace it with the read-only one you just created.

Making an empty-read-only groups.cache file doesn't affect game play at all, although it does slow things down just a hair when you want to change your sims appearance in-game but the difference is hardly noticable. At least for me, anyway. I haven't heard any complaints from anyone else, yet.

As a final note: You can zip or rar up your newly created read-only groups cache file and stash it away somewhere in case you need it again later on.

Hopefully, this'll fix your game and you'll be able to enjoy playing Sims 2 again.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:07 am

Sugah wrote:
Do you really like it? What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 Alien
If you wish to use it as your siggy here, I can set that up for you.
Just give me the thumbs up and I'll insert your Future's Past URL.

You are most welcome, btw.
It was my pleasure and the least I could do for you, Tim.
You are such an important, devoted and loyal member of our forum fam.

I remain grateful and honored to have you here with us.

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 678648

Gonna grab some dinner and pop in a movie.
Will check back in later, good sir.
Sorry Sugah...I took some pain meds and went to bed early last night. I was wanting some solid sleep...didn't really get it, but...that's life. Yes, I do love it and would love you to hook it into my siggy please please please! You are too kind! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 319331 

Thanks Ed...the game starts fine if you mean from clicking the desktop icon and launching the game and I can play almost indefinitely. But I can try deleting that file and see if that helps when I open that buy category. I run XP so the other probably won't work, but not a big deal there. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 10:36 am

Tim, I'm sorry you didn't have a restful evening.
I hate broken sleep and rarely rest more than a few solid hours before I am up for hours sometimes.
Often, I am just falling back to sleep when the rest of the world is waking up! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 465755 
May this night be a better one for you, dear man.

I changed your siggy by adding the graphic & attaching it to your Fan Fic URL.
I also centered it, but can change that back, if you don't like the look.
Also, I didn't know if you wanted "Formerly known as Mort" as part of your siggy still.
Just let me know what your preference is and I will fix it for you. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 584675 

Ed, HERE is another solution for folks who are tired of always deleting the groups cache file, FYI. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 940149
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 am

Thank you Sugah! Centered is just fine! I guess I should get rid of Mort...no one really remembers him anymore anyway. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 99672 

Currently trying to make a new mesh for Em...Hoping it works out, I think it is going to take some work to make it work. Then I want to start work on my December gift for the group.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:23 am

Consider it done, sir!

Good luck on your new mesh for Em.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been up to in your top secret SimPE lab lately. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 21650 
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:06 pm

Thank you Sugah! And the new mesh is working well in game, I just need to tweak some spots that are allowing the underlying mesh to poke through.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:12 pm

Quote :
And the new mesh is working well in game, I just need to tweak some spots that are allowing the underlying mesh to poke through.
Yaaay! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 790471 
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Just finished with Em's new mesh, just need to jump in game and check it out..in BS it looks good.
Back to top Go down
SimEm

SimEm

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:49 pm

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 262201 What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 881668 
Back to top Go down
http://emsimstories.atspace.com
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:35 am

Most welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 10:06 am

Sugah wrote:
Ed, HERE is another solution for folks who are tired of always deleting the groups cache file, FYI. What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 940149
Thanks for posting that, Sugah.

I know that one! It's from Blackpearl Sims and, yes, I tried that one when I was having that awful groups.cache problem with my own game.

Now, this was my own experience and may be unique but I found that particular file also became corrupted after a short while, even though it was empty and read-only. (Most likely, this could be because it was created on a computer with an older operating system such as XP.)

Anyway, that being the case, I found it necessary to create the cache file myself if, for no other reason, than that it would be most compatible with the OS I use (which is Win 7 and which sometimes gets a bit grumpy with XP created files or items created for use with XP.)
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:57 am

I was playing in Veronaville a little yesterday...I finally got to see winter come in game, it SNOW!!! I was so excited as was one of the Sims I was playing...he kept wanting to build a snowman but it took forever to get snow to play in...What's up with the lil'penguin dude? I was hoping to get him as a pet! lol 2 days before the last day of winter there was finally snow and my sim ran out to build his snowman...too freaking funny! His girlfriend chewed him out for fighting it and destroying it after he was done...he was iceman blue when it was over! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 99672  On the very last day of winter it snowed so much the evening before, they closed the school the next day, they cheered for that! Just too funny.

The 2 sims I am currently playing, there one was made using a Hermione Granger skin/sim someone else made...really amazing likeness. I couldn't find an acceptable Ron Weasley and I couldn't make one I liked either, so I made a Harry Potter to go with her. If you have seen the movie or read the books then read on, if you haven't skip now if you don't want a spoiler. My background story for them is, when Ron ran off on them in Deathly Hallows Part 1, he never came back...So Hermione saved Harry in the pool of water and together they destroyed that hor-crux(sp?), and the time alone they spent together drew them closer and closer together. Finally after the destruction of Voldemort, Harry and Hermione moved to my Veronaville hood where they are finishing up school before moving on to their chosen professions.

Also, sadly I have to disqualify my new swappers...after reviewing the story pics and Toni pointed out I had a mod still in game that I didn't realize at the time and it violates the challenge...*sigh* I might go ahead and run it as the challenge but it won't be an official challenge.
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:51 am

Is this not the cutest toddle ev-ah?
What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 Snapshot_9f9960c5_3f997d91_zpsb5cb3155

What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 Snapshot_9f9960c5_df997d84_zps395e7085

This is James Serious Potter...First born of Harry and Hermione...These shots are actually from the College dorm room. He was born just a couple of days before they left for College. I had to use the InSiminator to summon him to the dorm...I had thought he'd stay a baby while they were at College but apparently one of the mods I have allows him to age normally...not sure how this is going to work when he becomes a child before they graduate...I was nice to them, I converted the dorm's cafeteria into their living quarters and their living quarters into a kitchen and dining area...
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:55 am

OMG! He is adorable! I love his hair too! sunny 
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:15 pm

SandySimmer wrote:
OMG! He is adorable! I love his hair too! sunny   

Thank you Sandy! It never said anyone replied to this...LOL

I came to say I have been working on a new present for Sugah's Place, but the mesh is giving me fits...probably going to have to scrap it and start all over on it...I hate doing that, but for whatever reasons the normal tricks to straighten it out are not working. I just hate that I put so much work into the textures (when I can't really texture with a crapola.) I'll probably start over Monday, maybe I can have it ready by next weekend as an early Christmas present for the board.
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Yes, he's a very cute toddler! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 508493  That said, I use lots of thinking caps and smart milk when I do the three major trainings of toddlers. Still, toddlers are a lot of work!  bluwhew!

I do hope your get the mesh straightened out - looking forward to your contribution! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 940149
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Oh that's ok Tim. Good luck on your project :)
Back to top Go down
Grykon

Grykon

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:40 pm

mac wrote:
Yes, he's a very cute toddler! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 508493  That said, I use lots of thinking caps and smart milk when I do the three major trainings of toddlers. Still, toddlers are a lot of work!  bluwhew!

I do hope your get the mesh straightened out - looking forward to your contribution! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 940149

Thank ya Mac! And yes they are a lot of work...I remember my first quad birth...I swore never again and ripped that mod OUT! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 99672

SandySimmer wrote:
Oh that's ok Tim.  Good luck on your project :)

Thank you both!
Back to top Go down
mac

mac

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Grykon wrote:
I remember my first quad birth...I swore never again and ripped that mod OUT! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 99672  

I actually use the Sim Manipulator (pregnancy submenu) to insure singleton births. One screaming toddler is more than enough, thank you! What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 971462
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on in Tim's game these days?   What's going on in Tim's game these days? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's going on in Tim's game these days?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next