Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Miscellaneous Archived News

Go down 
+34
beckylynn2109
mac
ilikefishfood
Riverwillows
clc
soloaris
Christa
AdriannaSimmie
xLqdDrmsx
Nonni
Nancy01905
VaDixiegal
ChocklitKiss
Patrick
Pierre
Ullwera
wulfpaw248
Astral Faery
Hobbes
LabCat
MARTHA!
debra
SimEm
Fitzie
autumnelle
juicyjudith
CallyDreaming
andrewplay599
tinhouse
irisheyz
L.J
Caleb_71
Hunter
Sugah
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Miscellaneous Archived News Empty
PostSubject: Smiley Explosion!   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Miscellaneous Archived News 259558

We now have over 150 Smileys to choose from, expressing all kinds of sentiments and emotions.
Miscellaneous Archived News 391884 Check 'em out and have some fun! Miscellaneous Archived News 366915
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: 8.03.09 - Forumotion is undergoing maintenance procedures   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:59 am

Dear Friends-

Since I woke up this morning, Forumotion seems to be in maintenance mode. :cuckoo:

Sooo ...

If you are having problems logging in, posting, reading posts or even SEEING this forum, off and on throughout the day, please be patient.

I believe Forumotion Admin is working dilligently on the issues. :praying1:
Hang in there with us and keep on trying!!!

Most sincerely and with thanks for your patience,
Sugah
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Gifts from Treasured Friends Update - 8.14.09   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:18 am

This past week, I have been blessed to receive several wonderful gifts from a few of our members here.

If you haven't already checked them out, be sure to stop by & take a peek at:

Hunter's Grey Stone Kiss
LabCat's Fabrege, Pink Metal & Native walls and Fantasy Paintings
and
Andrew's Sugah's Octagonal Wonder

You will find them all in our Gifts from Treasured Friends section.

Thank you three, again, for the generous donations you have bestowed upon Sugah's Place.
I am most appreciative and grateful, as always.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: New Topic Added in The Java Hut - 9.02.09   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:33 pm

I've started a new topic in The Java Hut to help us get to know one another a bit better: Come sit with me & share what's happening in your world.
I've included a little questionaire to help get things rollin'. Miscellaneous Archived News 404843

I'd love it if you'd stop by and check it out here.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: DL Mulsow's Sim~Antics is closing ... Update: NOT closing!   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Just found this post by DL herself, folks:

Sadly, the time has come to say goodbye to Sim~Antics.

We have had an awesome few years while Sims 2 was at its best, but now with the new franchise of Sims 3 taking off, it is now gone by the wayside.

Sims 3 has little to no capabilities for creativity and has basically put a damper on the fun for creators like myself.
We have noticed a large drop off of uploads here and support both financially and socially.

I would like to thank ALL those who donated to make Sim~Antics the great success that it was and to all those who uploaded and shared with us.
We appreciate those who came every day just to make us smile with a word or a joke. I will sorely miss you all.

For everyone, ONE MONTH has been paid up so SA will be here until Mid-December. Please tell your friends and be sure to download and retrieve any links, downloads,
etc. before we are no more.

My meshes for SBB and Hourglass will be hosted here: DLMulsow's Sim~Antics along with a few other items.
Again, thanks for the memories.

Hugs to all!
DLMulsow

I simply can not believe it! I thought Sim~Antics was one of the most popular, well thought of Sims sites.
This is a sad day, my fellow Simmers. verklempt

DL, you and your talented bunch and fabulous site will be truly missed.
We wish you all the best, always. Miscellaneous Archived News 701517

Last edited by Sugah on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:53 pm

I've been downloading like crazy..........It's pretty shocking..........WOW!

I've been getting most of SimEnRoutes stuff. Including Sims.

If it wasn't for DL Muslow's work with the Slim BodyBuilder mesh, our fella's wouldn't have toes. She kept the body shape alive.

I'm just upset......... verklempt
Back to top Go down
Hunter

Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:14 pm

I think it's better that I comment on this when I can better articulate my feelings.

I'm shocked and saddened for sure.

What a loss this will be to the community. Miscellaneous Archived News Kopfschuettel
Back to top Go down
http://basicforsims.forummotion.com/
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:03 am

Actually I am not surprised, the writing was on the wall back around June, about when I started to seek out other Forums.

Now I am here and at Ed's, sorry if I don't post a lot, tis just the way I am.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:19 am

You know, I didn't see it coming at all. But, I have noticed there were less and less updates as time went on.

I'm sure Sugah will agree with me when I say, we're both glad you joined our sites. The both of us are going to be around for quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:40 am

If you were around when Insim imploded and the lead up to it............

Problem is I read (even between the lines).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 3:43 am

I was around when InSIM imploded. I took all my stuff down and had my threads deleted. I didn't want to have anything to do with Walt. I still visit over there and update my site. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 8:22 am

I have to say, in early September Ed posted here that DL was afraid she might have to close Sim~Antics down.
I was actually surprised by that news, Russ, because everytime I would visit there to do my Sugah's Place updates, there'd be loads of folks online.

It's a much busier site than many of our little forums and there's a lot of talent there.

I never visited the original InSim much, except to read Astral Faery's stories.
This new InSim, I mostly just post my site updates, like Ed does.

If there's internal stuff going on at DL's place, I wouldn't know about it, cause for the most part, I just have time to post updates there and can't visit much.
But I'm still saddened that another terrific, popular Sims 2 site is closing.
If it's due to lack of interest because of Sims 3, that'd really be a shame. I'm not sure Sims 3 is going to be around forever...

BTW, I'm glad you're here and at Ed's place, Russ, even though you don't post much.
You're a talented creator of beautiful Sims!
Back to top Go down
L.J

L.J

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 pm

I was just over there doing my regular lurking and saw it. It's terrible that yet another well regarded and established website is closing. Miscellaneous Archived News 497514

This is one of the many major blows that the Sims Community is getting because of Sims 3, which really annoys me. SimsDivine, DLMulsows.. Sims2Supernova may be closing too unless it can start getting a regular line of traffic and posts. It's really sad to see this happening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simtopia.net
irisheyz

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Thanks for the news Sugah, I hadn't heard this myself. I guess at least on the positive side we were given warning and the site didn't disappear overnight.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 am

I'm not familiar with Sims2Supernova, LJ, but I agree. It is sad to lose such sites as SimsDivine & DL's.

My thought on this still is that Sims 3 might not be around as long as people think it will.
I'll have to do the research on it, but has it really taken off the way EA Games/Maxis thought it would?
There are so many of us left who wouldn't give those bloated, puddin' faced Sims the time of day. You know?

Sugah's Place forum is of no cost to me (except time & effort, of course), so I will keep creating and enjoying the folks who stop by to schmooze with us
for as long as there is an interest.

Irish, I'm with you. At least we were given notice about Sim~Antics closing.
When sites just drop off the internet, it's quite disconcerting, esp. for the staff of those sites!!!

I've seen some site owners handle this sort of situation quite badly and most of you know who I am talking about.
tsk...tsk.
Back to top Go down
Caleb_71

Caleb_71

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:17 am

I actually have a copy of Sims 3, that I picked up for $AU35 and put it on the shelf, yet to install it, but one day IF the right mods are available I might. Twas cheap enough that I shouldn't lose to much if I decide to sell it on.
Back to top Go down
tinhouse

tinhouse

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 am

Its really sad news! Im sorry but I think that EA Games have made the biggest mistake ever.
The only reason that TS1 & 2 have lasted is because of the artists and creators who kept the game fresh and alive. They have removed that element from the community. Those meshing for TS3 find it difficult and frustrating and many have simply resorted to converting S2 meshes to S3. The game's creativity is bizzare, you can use any texture on anything in any colour. LOL
What I loved about S2 was the fact that all things were different and I dont know about you guys, but a large part of my fun as a recolourist was searching all over the web for the perfect texture to create the look I wanted.

I wont even start on the moon faced sims, the grubby looking objects and the wierd gameplay! As someone over at another forum said......."its about as exciting as watching paint dry". LOL I suppose that is a tad harsh!!
And yes, to all those you love S3, I own it and I have played it for quite a while too.

If I seem to have strong opinions its because, S2 an awesome game, that brought creativity and skills out of people (like me) who didnt know it was even there, its given me friends who mean the world to me, from all walks of life, and from all over the world, its given me hours of fun and laughter while my husband travelled for business and my kids were in their rooms studing. And now thats all changing :(

Now we see the closure of yet another great site filled with wonderful downloads and talented creators!

EA games must be kicking their own behinds!!
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:13 am

All of this was so very well said, Sharon.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
I most certainly could not dispute a single thing you've said here, though I can not relate to the issues those wanting to create for Sims 3 are up against.

Quote :
S2 is an awesome game, that brought creativity and skills out of people (like me) who didnt know it was even there; its given me friends who mean the world to me, from all walks of life, and from all over the world, its given me hours of fun and laughter while my husband travelled for business and my kids were in their rooms studing.

I could not have said this better myself.
My hubby travels for a living. When he's not traveling, he's often studying. My daughters are grown and have lives of their own.
I have filled countless hours enjoying the company of my fellow Simmers online, creating for and playing this game we all love, and making some wonderful, dear friends.

Perhaps Sims 3 is a passing notion, like I've said, and there will be, one day, a resurrection of Sims 2 ... meaning more EPs, SPs and folks coming back to the community who have left because of Sims 3.

It is my hope.
Back to top Go down
andrewplay599

andrewplay599

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 am

Its sad to see the sites close, but I really think Ea doesn't even care. They make so much money off all the other games that they produce, that if Sims3 dosen't even take off they will just drop the whole line.
There next exspansion pack doesn't even fix any thing people hate about it. To me the whole Sims3 belongs on the wii system.
Back to top Go down
http://simsplayhouse.forumotion.com/forum.htm
CallyDreaming

CallyDreaming

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 pm

OK, first off to say im not on alot of sites so it doesn't effect me as much when sites do go down. But to see sites go down because of Sims 3 is quite upsetting!

I have Sims3 and personally have no feelings for it good or bad really. But i do have feelings for Sims2 ... very good ones. In fact, the whole creative side of it just keeps me coming back to the game something you dont get with Sims3.
And i have to agree with andy i dont really think EA cares what players think anymore AT ALL!

Here's to hoping Sugah's great community will be around for a long time Sims3 or no Sims3. Miscellaneous Archived News 912276
Back to top Go down
juicyjudith

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:36 am

It's frightening when I look back, started playing Sims 1 must be 10/11 years ago, all started with my youngest son borrowing a copy from a friend, I soon bought him his own, he persueded me to have a go, it took days to build my first house, but I was hooked. Sims 2 came out, how wonderful it was, still is. I only started going on forums a couple of years ago, like Sharon says, I have made some wonderful friends from all over the world, even met a couple when I was over in the States a couple of months ago. Sims 3, havent bought it, no intention of buying it ever, I know that I am one of many who feel this way. I'm positive Sims 2 will continue because there are so many of us who feel this way. So many have tried Sims 3, then uninstalled and gone back to Sims 2. No sympathy for EA, they never seem to listen to us the ones who play.

Back to the origin of this thread, I read a few days ago about Sims Antics closing, yes I was surprised as well, it's always been a good site, but I'm sure so many of the Sims 2 sites will survive. There are even a few still doing the Sims 1 yet, good for them too. Hugs to all judith.
Back to top Go down
autumnelle

autumnelle

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Andrew wrote:
To me the whole Sims3 belongs on the wii system.
Hey, don't punish my poor Wii by subjecting it to that. Miscellaneous Archived News Kopfschuettel

IRT - This is definitely a devastating loss to the Sims community. Sim~Antics will be missed, that's for sure.

The Sims 3 does not seem to have met EA's expectations. I know that when the Sims 2 first came out years ago, it was months before I could catch it on sale. The Sims 3 has been on sale every week since it came out. While this may have something to do with the economy, it also has to do with the fact that they did not take the time and make the effort to come out with a quality game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Sim~Antics is devistating. Who's going to create good looking male Sims since SimEnRoute is on Sim~Antics?!!? He's got the market cornered. I've got several of his Sims.

When I bought this computer, I bought Sims 3. I installed it and tried it out for about 20 minutes. And went back to Sims 2. I paid full price for the game. UGH! I priced the EP. They want 40.00 for it. Screw that! I was on ebay looking for it. I found a brand new one for 24.00. But, it's on bid. I didn't even bother.
Back to top Go down
L.J

L.J

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:25 pm

.. And that they've destroyed the simplicity, yet talent that was needed to make CC with Sims 2, with this new ''add any pattern to an object'' thing.

Just a small thing, I thought I should add. Simtopia will be hosting some of DLMulsow's files when they close down, so if you miss anything in your last minute download sprees, We might have it. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.simtopia.net
Fitzie

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:07 pm

Wow, this is a major bummer. Like the rest, I'm not keen on TS3. Especially the dough faced, all-look-alike to me sims. Ugh. I was browsing Amazon today and it seems the new EP for TS3 is already on sale ... I for one hope the wonderful creators on this site and others will keep my TS2 DL "addiction" going strong for a long time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miscellaneous Archived News   Miscellaneous Archived News Empty

Back to top Go down

Miscellaneous Archived News
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next