Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Portal problem?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Portal problem?   Portal problem? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:12 am

I discovered what I think is some kind of portal problem?  As you can see the phantom schoolbus in the picture, I went out of the home without saving and when I went into the house again it was gone.  The day it was there, the sim child did not come home from school! verklempt

Does anyone know what could cause this?

Portal problem? Portal%20problem

Last edited by Sugah on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add pic haha)
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal problem?   Portal problem? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 1:34 pm

Definitely a portal problem.  I'm wondering if maybe a portal got deleted.  Inge Jones made a Portal Revealer and buyable portals, but I can't figure out from the description how they work.  

If no one recommends anything more helpful, I'd suggest moving the family out of the lot.  That should reset everyone.  Are you really attached to the lot?  And is the kid still at school?!!!
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal problem?   Portal problem? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Have You by chance tried to temporarily remove or move the driveway and car? I have seen it happen occasionally where the driveway blocks a vehicle from getting to the car portal.

As for the portal revealer, You should be able to click on it and there should be an option to reveal the portals(there's more portals then just the car portals).
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal problem?   Portal problem? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks for the quick responses you two! Much appreciated.

Thanks for the link Toni I will ck that out. And yes, I exited without saving from that lot after the bus did that and when I went back the house was as it was before playing, no bus :)

Aaroneous Thanks for the info on the portal revealer, I will ck it ;)
I had read in my search about my problem that sometimes driveways can cause this, but I haven't played that house or neighborhood since it happened lol.. Next time I play that house, I will remove the car and driveway first and see if the problem comes back or not.

Before this happened I had a taxi at Uni that got stuck just like that (in a different NH/sims2 folder)-that I fixed by moving out the last two playables to a house and resetting the dorm.

Portal problem? 243713

Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal problem?   Portal problem? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Let us know how it goes Sandy. Portal problem? 12612
Back to top Go down
SandySimmer

SandySimmer

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal problem?   Portal problem? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Toni wrote:
Let us know how it goes Sandy.

Well, so far so good. I went back to play the house and removed the driveway, car and the fence I had that the outlined the property. The schoolbus came, exited twice that day and the maid, Novel delivery guy came and went fine. I will keep an eye on the house-hopefully this fixed the problem :) Portal problem? 12612 Thanks again Toni and Aaroneous!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal problem?   Portal problem? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Great news! dancintrio Portal problem? 366915

By the way, hiii Aaroneous! Portal problem? 621122
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal problem?   Portal problem? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 am

Sandy, thank you for sharing your portal problem here.
Aaron and Toni, thank you for your assistance in helping to solve the issue.

I am glad that your SIMfolk can come and go on the lot now, Sandy. Portal problem? 922586
Will leave this thread open for a bit longer, in case there are any new mishaps on the problem lot...
Or until you tell us the issue has been definitely solved and there are no more incidents. Portal problem? 584675
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Portal problem? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal problem?   Portal problem? Empty

Back to top Go down

Portal problem?
Page 1 of 1