Sugah's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sugah's Place

Providing quality Sims 2 downloads, social discussions, group projects, original challenges & forum games in a friendly, fun atmosphere.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Sugah's Place is proud to be one of the last remaining Sims sites devoted entirely to Sims 2. The Ladies of SP welcome you and thank you for being here with us. * See what's NEW by clicking on THIS LINK ...We try to update regularly, so check back often! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and 'Tweet' yourself to a little Sugah!! ... Stop by, introduce yourself, play some forum games and schmooze a bit. We're happy to have you.

Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?

Go down 
+5
soloaris
Sugah
SimEm
ilikefishfood
Caleb_71
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DebbyBam

Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 12:49 pm

>.< I can't get my game to start. :( Again. I even deleted the neighborhood.cache file and everything! It still won't load.
I had no problem with it loading a few days ago but now.. nothing. Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 729422

I want to play with my Sims and their kids!
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Are there any files in the The Sims 2 folder, other than the subfolders?
Back to top Go down
DebbyBam

PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:18 pm

ilikefishfood wrote:
Are there any files in the The Sims 2 folder, other than the subfolders?

I'm not sure what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Aaroneous

Aaroneous

PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:14 am

Do You happen to have any mods(hacks) in Your Downloads folder? If so You might want check if they're all compatible with Your game and other mods.

Also by chance do You happen to have Windows 8? It seems some versions of Sims 2 hate Windows 8 and won't fire up.
Back to top Go down
http://simmanipulator.forumotion.com/
DebbyBam

PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 8:34 pm

I got it. :D I guess I'm going to have to replace my .cache files BEFORE I try to open the game. Thank you guys though. :]
Back to top Go down
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 3:29 am

Once you replace your groups.cache file with the one in the first post of this thread, you should not need to delete it again. That's the purpose of this file, it eliminates the need to delete the one that is generated by the game each time its run.

But any deleting of other files like the neighborhood file, etc, should be done before you run the game.

And as Sugah mentioned, you can and should periodically delete the files generated when you run BodyShop: accessory.cache, cigen, contentregistry (I actually delete them before each game run)

Again, all deletion of these files should be done when both the game and BodyShop are closed.
Back to top Go down
Sugah
Admin
Sugah

PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:08 am

Lady T wrote:
And as Sugah mentioned, you can and should periodically delete the files generated when you run BodyShop: accessory.cache, cigen, contentregistry (I actually delete them before each game run).

Again, all deletion of these files should be done when both the game and BodyShop are closed.

Thank you for this excellent advice, Toni. Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 687310

You'd mentioned we should 'delete the Neighborhood Manager file from time to time' to ward off corruption.
How often would you recommend we do so, Lady T?
Back to top Go down
https://sugahsplace.forumotion.net
ilikefishfood

ilikefishfood

PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:58 am

Sugah wrote:
You'd mentioned we should 'delete the Neighborhood Manager file from time to time' to ward off corruption.
How often would you recommend we do so, Lady T?

It depends on how often you play. Every time you play, more information is cached to that file, so frequent players' files will get bigger, faster.

I usually don't think of it until my game crashes and then I think..."Aaaah...time to clean up." When I remember I take a look at it, and if it's more than say 5KB I delete it...but I've often had mine grow to 16 and 17KB. There's honestly no right answer.

Note: when you do delete it, your game may then take an extra few minutes to load as it will be generating a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?   Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you always deleting the Groups Cache File?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sugah's Place :: Sugah's Community Square :: Tutorials & Helpful Hints-
Jump to: